Need some opinions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some opinions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason280
Are the rear bolts simply too rusted to remove, and you are having to cut them out? I know on my '94, I had to unbolt and move the gas tank side to side to remove the rear frame-shackle bolts. I'm not sure if this is the factory installed them all this way, but there was no way to pull the upper bolts out with the gas tank bolted up....the bolts are simplt too long and there was not enough room to remove them with the gas tank in place.

I didn't have to completely drop the tank, but I did have to wedge it around a bit to clear the bolts. If Jeep had simply installed them with the nuts on the inside of the frame (closest to the tank), then it would not have been an issue.
Yeah that's the problem I had. I was not worried about keeping the stock shackles so I just hacked em up to get everything out. Now that I have room to work the upper shackle bolts should not be an issue. One thing is for sure, the new ones will be going in the opposite direction!

YJ_Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #17
amerdt4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah , those main eye bolts suck , I am on my second Yj and in both those bolts were seized . The fist time I spent a good amount of time tryng to pb blast them and beat them out before I took a sawzall to to them . Second time around I tried the impact gun with the same result so I just took an angle grinder to them with a cut-off wheel , took 30 sec .
amerdt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerdt4
Yeah , those main eye bolts suck , I am on my second Yj and in both those bolts were seized . The fist time I spent a good amount of time tryng to pb blast them and beat them out before I took a sawzall to to them . Second time around I tried the impact gun with the same result so I just took an angle grinder to them with a cut-off wheel , took 30 sec .
Yeah these will be getting the sawz all treatment as soon as I get back to work on it. I'm lucky to get a few hours a week on this thing.
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got the front axle under this thing. Still need to hook up my hydro steering but it's sitting on at least two tires now. I still need to cut the perches off the rear 9" and weld them where I need them. Hopefully next Saturday it will at least be sitting on all fours. I was strapped for time but I will be taking more detailed pictures next week.
image-2782002037.jpg

image-2075654027.jpg

Unread 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #20
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I need to have this thing done by the first weekend in October and it is looking like I will be done by then. I still need to install my SYE, hydro steering and brake lines. I also plan to remove the front fenders until I can get some tube fenders built.
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #21
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The sye is very simple just make sure you have rtv and a good set of snap ring pliers, and if need be, get a new chain and whatever you need to fix with the chain

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
The sye is very simple just make sure you have rtv and a good set of snap ring pliers, and if need be, get a new chain and whatever you need to fix with the chain

Sent from Peggy's office
I need a new set of snap ring pliers.
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

I need a new set of snap ring pliers.
I know you do..

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
I know you do..

Sent from Peggy's office
My birthday is next month and I have a transfer case that needs to be rebuilt in my shop.
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

My birthday is next month and I have a transfer case that needs to be rebuilt in my shop.
No your birthday isn't next month.. Never lol, I got this, I'll swing by for your bday.. Or I'll try.. Depends on school

Sent from Peggy's office
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #26
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris

Sent from Peggy's office
Oh yeah, no problem with the sye. This will be the third I've done. No problem so long as all the parts aren't wore out like the last one I did.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.