Need some help with a starting problem - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some help with a starting problem

Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #181
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark05059 View Post
glad you got it fixed. Would someone please add some tags to this post so the search engine might find it if some poor soul has the same issue?
See that! Another great idea!!

JF Rules

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #182
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just a quick update on this since I'm finally back at school and have a computer again - I haven't replaced the sensor yet because all of the replacement parts come with a new connection to the harness and I don't feel like being out in the cold cutting up and splicing wires underneath my Jeep. Currently looking for a stock replacement off of a part-out. All problems have ceased, however, and it starts on the first try every day.
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #183
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
Just a quick update on this since I'm finally back at school and have a computer again - I haven't replaced the sensor yet because all of the replacement parts come with a new connection to the harness and I don't feel like being out in the cold cutting up and splicing wires underneath my Jeep. Currently looking for a stock replacement off of a part-out. All problems have ceased, however, and it starts on the first try every day.
Hi Rat! Do any of these look like they would fit?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=nc...p3286.c0.m1539

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #184
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
Hi Rat! Do any of these look like they would fit?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=nc...p3286.c0.m1539
OEM stuff:

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #185
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't really say. Some LOOK like they'd fit, but it will likely just be easier (also cheaper) to pick one up off a part-out. Already posted about one in the forums here, my old one might still exist locally but I haven't talked to the dude who took it off my hands in a while, so who knows?
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #186
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't really say. Some LOOK like they'd fit, but it will likely just be easier (also cheaper) to pick one up off a part-out. Already posted about one in the forums here, my old one might still exist locally but I haven't talked to the dude who took it off my hands in a while, so who knows?
Spec out this mlink and the pictures in particular. They show the VSS and the plug. Does your plug look like that?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=195855_0_0_

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #187
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
Spec out this mlink and the pictures in particular. They show the VSS and the plug. Does your plug look like that?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=195855_0_0_
They show the sensor and the plug because it comes with a new plug that you have to cut and splice into your harness to fit into the redesigned sensor. Both AZ and Advance have the same thing, as well as most new replacements.
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #188
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The Jeep dealer in Somerset would have a direct fit part I beleive. The sensor would be a first class sensor but it might be a bit $$$$$$$$

Unread 02-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #189
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was actually just there earlier today to get the recall on my parking brake done, since I blew it up last week, and I thought about asking but didn't because I assumed it would be way too pricey and I didn't wanna be tempted to just buy it because it was so easy.
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #190
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Update: Swapped in the stock VSS from a 93. Took no time at all. Started right up and now I have a working speedo, although I'm pretty used to not looking at it anymore.
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #191
SDGBASSE
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thumbs up! Since your trouble I ran into a few people around here that had the same issue and would've probably hit my head against the wall trying to figure it out if it wasn't for this, so thumbs up again!
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #192
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Update: Swapped in the stock VSS from a 93. Took no time at all. Started right up and now I have a working speedo, although I'm pretty used to not looking at it anymore.
Ok, you spend too much 'messing around' with your YJ. Time to hit the books!

Tags
no spark

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.