Need some help prioritizing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some help prioritizing

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Fozzybear42
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Need some help prioritizing

I bought my YJ last year.

First order of business was reliability which I know is an ongoing project, but I'm comfortable with where it is now. Changed a half dozen or so sensors, cap, plugs, wires, fuel pump and filter, coil, distributor.

Recovery was the winter goal, which I'm comfortable with at this point. Bumpers with recovery points, winch, tow straps, snatch blocks...etc.

I'm kinda stuck on where I go from here. I know what I want to do, but not sure what to prioritize.

Replace RC kit put on by PO
SYE
8.8 Swap & D30 Swap to a 4 banger D30, 4.10 gears on both
Lockers
Armor

I would think it makes most sense to do the swaps, lockers, and SYE all at once. I want to do a ECGS built 8.8 which would put swaps, lockers and sye a bit beyond my budget for the year.

Any thoughts?

Fozzybear42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is what I would do.

Replace lift and source your axles.

Once axles are found, get them regeared and add your locker(s)

Remover rear axle and replace with 8.8

Install Sye, figure out ds length, order ds, install ds, figure out your angles, burn your perches on.

Install front axle

Armor can be added any place you want.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.