Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need some help with LEDs

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mk92313 
#1 ·
So I found interest in LEDs in cars, I bought some off the internet and installed them.

My turn signals on the fender flares take a standard 194 bulb I replaced them with the LED equivalent.

They work great during the day and light up very bright when used as turn signals. No hyper flash or no blown bulb indicators. However, when I drive at night and turn on driving lights / headlights they just die?

See less See more
#3 ·
The side marker lights are wired strange in mine. They get power for running lights from the wire, but they ground to the front signal light power wire. So they use the front signal ground for running lights until the signal powers up, then they alternate with the front signal.

#4 ·
I know this is old but, I never replied when it was done. The side lights use a floating ground the most easy way to set these up is simply get 2 quick splice connectors and connect the power from the front parking light. I also had to install a resistor before the quick splice. If anyone needs help doing this send me a PM I'll show pictures if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.