need some electrical help with a horn - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need some electrical help with a horn

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 08-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
richtfan

need some electrical help with a horn

i am trying to wire a horn button but not through the horn relay. is this possible and if so, how would I wire it?

richtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You want an external horn, yes? Or are you trying to use the existing horn button on the steering wheel? Either way, I would suggest a relay whether it be using the dedicated jeep wiring or wiring your own.
Unread 08-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
richtfan

i am circumventing the horn button on the steering wheel and am using a separate horn button.
richtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just wire it up like any circuit. Power to the switch and same power out of the switch (or horn button) that goes to a relay to initialize it. I ran a separate horn on my jeep and it was just as simple as wiring up anything else

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.