Need some answers. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some answers.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
Kush69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Need some answers.

Well I've decided to throw a SBC in my 90yj.
I can get a 700r and t-case out of a 94 S-10.
1st ? is will it bolt up to the 350
2nd ? is do I need the computer out of the S-10.

Kush69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It depends...

The bell housing needs to match the SBC block, should bold up to the 700r, not sure about the drop on the T-Case from the S-10, I thought those were pass side drops.? Anyone????

On the computer, are you running carbed or FI on the SBC? If carbed, no your YJ wiring is fine, just need to splice int he new ignition module and sensors for the chevy motor. If FI, you'll need a harness from painless wiring or somewhere, or a decent donor harness from the rig the SBC came from.

Match the harness to the donor motor, not the Jeep.

I'm assuming the SBC was not out of the S-10.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.