Need replacement rear shackle mount to weld into frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need replacement rear shackle mount to weld into frame

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Need replacement rear shackle mount to weld into frame

Should I just use cut tubing or is there a part sold by a Jeep company that I could buy for this repair? My rear shackle mount which goes through the frame recently tore loose so I need to do a frame repair in the back and will probably replace the rear cross bar at with something heavier at the same time...thinking I should get the shackle mounts sourced before I start my project.

Thanks,

Nate

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=11
Nate M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Just use tubing. I can't remember the I.D. off hand but all you need is some tubing.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Rusty...I think im going to weld in a section of frame and replace the rear 12 inches or so of mine. I think I will also splice in a more robust rear cross member at the same time.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=11
Nate M is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.