Need rear seatbelt info from family style roll bar.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need rear seatbelt info from family style roll bar..

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Need rear seatbelt info from family style roll bar..

I did my searching and reading for a bit today and have come up with nothing. What I need to know is, where is the lower mount for the 3 point shoulder belt located on a 92-95 YJ??

Is it on the floor like the lap belts are mounted or did they get mounted thru the fender wells??

Also, do the two female buckles share one center bolt, like the lap belts or are they separate??

A pic of the mount from inside and out would be great.

I scored a pair of 99 TJ rear belts and want to get them mounted in today.

Thanx guys,

-Rusty

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

dosent it mount where the male part of the lap belt is now? . I will be doing the same soon, Im not at my jeep now so i cant look

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rusty, on the 92-95 models they belt anchored thru the inner fenders. I cant recall on the center. I just added these to my 90 and I put the centers both in the existing hole. I was too lazy to drill the inner fenders and weld a plate/nut to the outside so I used the existing anchor holes in the floor... seems to work ok! If I hadnt already put the hurculiner in I would have drilled the inner fenders and welded a backing plate/nut. Good luck!
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The center female buckles share a common bracket with a torx bolt in them. Should be a hole in the center/slightly rear cardgo area for them.

Shoulder straps:
-Spool (black recoil thingy) mounts on the fender, by the rollbar
-top pivot point mounts on the rollbar

Help any? Sorry no pics.
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/badaddetudes-build-project-hrp-602142/
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAddetude View Post
The center female buckles share a common bracket with a torx bolt in them. Should be a hole in the center/slightly rear cardgo area for them.

Shoulder straps:
-Spool (black recoil thingy) mounts on the fender, by the rollbar
-top pivot point mounts on the rollbar

Help any? Sorry no pics.
That helps some. On the roll bar I picked up the retractor mounts directly to the roll bar.

As far as the tub mount, so it sounds like I could just mount them to the stock locations. Do you by chance know the distance up the fender well that the stock location is located?? I can fab up a backing plate/nut fairly easily. I just want to have it in the proper location safety wise.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Unread 05-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
QuantumYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I agree Rusty, retractor mounts directly to roll bar, I had to open up a new hole for the tab that keeps them from rotating for the TJ belts though. Common, center mount for the females. I wish I could give you measurements for the fender well but the jeep is home
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumYJ View Post
I agree Rusty, retractor mounts directly to roll bar, I had to open up a new hole for the tab that keeps them from rotating for the TJ belts though. Common, center mount for the females. I wish I could give you measurements for the fender well but the jeep is home
Yea, it looks like the hole for the tab on the '95 bar I got is gonna be too small as well. Dremel it is.

Unread 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Blazin Den
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i just got out of a final and i went out to the jeep real quick i think i took the rights pics for you to get an idea.
take a look here and see if this is what you wanted or not.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...300/1995%20YJ/

and i realized that i need to clean the jeep out.
95 White YJ 2.5L/AX-5 Stock on 31s. Ground Pounder Fab (BESRK) Front Bumper, Herculined Interior, Windshield/Front Bumper Mounted Lights, Uniden PRO 520XL Cb,Hidden Hitch Trailer Hitch, Bestop Supertop, Modified CJ7 Hardtop and CJ7 Twist Handle Full Doors (winter)
Blazin Den is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin Den View Post
i just got out of a final and i went out to the jeep real quick i think i took the rights pics for you to get an idea.
take a look here and see if this is what you wanted or not.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...300/1995%20YJ/

and i realized that i need to clean the jeep out.
That is exactly what I needed to see. I already know what to do for a backing plate so that is taken care of. Your pics helped a great deal. Looks like I will be drilling about 5"behind the rear seat mount.

Unread 05-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Forgot all about the strap mounting to the bottom of the fender. Sucks being 70 miles from my Jeep.
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602142
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Must be a big backing plate on the fender mound to hold up to crash tests

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
Must be a big backing plate on the fender mound to hold up to crash tests
Actually not really, all you need is about a 1.5" x 3" 3/16thick plate and it will hold up like it was built into the frame tube.

Unread 05-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
QuantumYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I assume you have your holes drilled and the seatbelts installed already but just in case?
I got 2 3/4" up from the floor and 10 1/2" forward from the inner, rear of the tub on those fender well seat belt mounts.
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #14
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumYJ View Post
I assume you have your holes drilled and the seatbelts installed already but just in case?
I got 2 3/4" up from the floor and 10 1/2" forward from the inner, rear of the tub on those fender well seat belt mounts.
Thanx man. I actually got everything mounted up BUT those holes done. Got rained out. So that info helps a great deal.

-Rusty

Unread 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
uhohthe50
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm reviving this thread since I have the same question. Can anyone post up pics again? It looks like Blazin Den's seatbelt photos aren't there anymore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.