In need of opinions on exhaust stuff! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > In need of opinions on exhaust stuff!

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

In need of opinions on exhaust stuff!

So i want to start saving up for a whole new exhaust system, from the header back. I have a 1995 4.0 5 spd btw. So best header? I was looking at the banks revolver, is a nice header worth it? Next was a CAT, mine is all rusted and with about 155k miles i think it should be replaced. I was just going to do the magnaflow performance one, opinions? Anything better? and lastly a cat back system, i was going to go with the Banks Monster, Opinions? Any bad points?
I want something with a little bit of tone, but nothing really loud and that will cause cab drone. I HATE CAB DRONE. My jeep is loud enough inside and doesnt need to be really loud, Im doing it because i feel it is in need of some basic tune up parts and to make my engine run a little better, cleaner, and stronger. Maybe even a little bit better gas milage.
Please voice your opinions and tell me what works and what might not!
I wanna hear what you guys run! (literally too)
Thank you in advance

Guns003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I think the 4.0 exhaust manifold is set up pretty good, if I remember or reading right.
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

for the factory engine stock.. save your money... on the headers...

for the cost the magnaflow or dynomax exhaust and cats are similar cost or cheaper than the factory replacement one, so that's what I have used.

check summit racing for the best prices...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
mylogylo
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I went with the full Borla system a while back. From the header all the way back. Love it. Lifetime warranty makes it worth the higher cost. Sounds great but not too crazy at all.
mylogylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I really dont mind saving up longer just to get something that will last and with a nice warranty. Not trying to cheap out just so i have to do it again in a couple years. I live in south eastern pa and we have heavy amounts of salt so i need something that stainless steel i guess?
Unread 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
mylogylo
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've had mine for about five years now and live in a place where it snows pretty close to daily...the exhaust is the only thing that isn't rusting on the heep
mylogylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I put on a Magnaflow cat 2 years ago on my otherwise stock exhaust. I don't know if emission testing is an issue for you but I went from failing the test to passing with squeaky clean numbers after installing it.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced the entire exhaust on my wife's YJ (link in sig). The stock manifold was fine but the rest was toast. I ordered a TJ exhaust pipe, a YJ tailpipe, and a Dynomax muffler from rockauto, along with some band clamps and a few extra lengths of exhaust tubing and an adapter or 2 from the local parts store. The entire system cost me around $150, and the routing with the TJ pipe is much better than the OE YJ setup (running in front of the oil pan rather than under the trans).
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.