in need of new windshield hinges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > in need of new windshield hinges

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
ufvj217

in need of new windshield hinges

For my 87. One cracked and im scared to put the windshield back up as the stress on the other factory hinge my crack it too. I almost ordered the smittybilt ones but upon reading reviews on SB in general, it seems that a lot of their parts dont fit right. Should I go with RR? All I want is black, dont want stainless or anything. I have these RR mirror relocation brackets that I haven't installed yet due to the broken hinge. I will probably want a new set of lower door hinges also, since the windshield/upper door hinge will be new.

Don't really need new hinges that attach to the doors themselves as I plan to go with soft doors soon anyway.

These are the mirror relocation brackets I have:

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/mirror-...ors-black.html

ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

these are the hinges I used as replacements for mine...they are heavier than most of the other aftermarket hinges and because of that they use the factory style flat head screws instead of the button heads that the thinner ones have to use. They also have the CJ style mirror mount screw holes already drilled and tapped into them.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/23002_08.htm
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Stay away from Kentrol. They're super thin and only last a couple years.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
ufvj217

What brand are those hinges. The link doesn't seem to work. Takes me to the quadratec home page.

Will the mirror holes that are already drilled out work with my RR mirror relocation brackets?
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
What brand are those hinges. The link doesn't seem to work. Takes me to the quadratec home page.

Will the mirror holes that are already drilled out work with my RR mirror relocation brackets?
strange... the link works for me...wonder why it won't work for you?

anyway they are made by Crown, here's the part #'s
Quadratec Part No: 23002.08
Manufacturer Part No: 546242425K

the holes are meant for CJ style mirror brackets...I'm not familiar with how the Rugged Ridge mounts work
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
mike_b_ar
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Which one broke? I had one brake a couple of years ago, so I replaced them both. Still have the good one. It has been painted dark red. It's just taking up space. so it's yours for the cost of shipping if you are interested. Shoot me a pm if you are.
mike_b_ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
ufvj217

Appreciate that but the other one actually just broke lol!! Ill just order new ones.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.