need new soft top !!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need new soft top !!!!!!

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-14-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
GREGDOG95YJ

need new soft top !!!!!!

I need a new top bad. The duct tape is holding anymore (j/k) I need opinions on which company has the better top bestop, steel horse, pavement ends etc... any advice or experience on this subject will be very helpful. Mainly I want to know how well they fit and how long have they lasted.

The rain stings at 70mph hurry with replies.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
sk8pr0

I have a bestop and it is great. I got the one with the tinted rear windows and it surprisingly does keep the heat down a bit when the sun is beating on the black top. I got it from 4wd.com and the fit is great. The thing I like most is that the plastic that keeps the spreader bars from rubbing against the top is on the top as opposed to on the side zipout windows like on the stock job. Hope this helped a little. You can e-mail if you have any more questions

sk8pr0@onebox.com

Nick (93YJ)
sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2001, 04:47 PM   #3
hog

I have had both Bestop and Steelhorse, of the 2 Bestop is a much better top. However, I am now running a California Pickup Style Top, and will never go back to a standard style top. Just a thought, may want to look around, there are alot of options out there and its a great way to customize.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2001, 12:42 AM   #4
Somohllik

TOP?? Whats a Top?? Never heard of that before!!

[url="http://www.Soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=Slimmy"]Click here to make money for listening to music !![/url]
Somohllik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2001, 10:53 AM   #5
damonejeep

Anything but a Steelhorse. 99.99999% of Jeep owners will tell you their stuff is crap. I have bought two assesories from them (before I know) and they are both out of my Jeep and in the trash can.
BestTop, I feel, make the best tops for the price. I own a soft top and bikini from them, and they both fit great.
However, Hog does have a great point. There are alot of options out therre, look arond and find the best for you and your Jeep.

Good luck.
94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2001, 09:56 AM   #6
ga_mudder

We have a Bestop Sunrider on my wife's Jeep and we love it. It allows us to flip the front part back and still keep the kids in the shade. Not to mention that those sudden rain storms are no problem. We can flip the cover back on at a red light!
[COLOR=red][B]RED Jeep Club Member #120[/B][/COLOR]
ga_mudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have a buddy who does re-uphosltery for seats, convertables, homes and such, and with a decent template he can re-create or fix any soft-top problems.

His prices are reasonable .. so you might be able to find someone near you that can do the same for a decent price.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2001, 07:39 AM   #8
cobra54

I put a steelhorse top on last year, and this year, all the thread on the top and side windows have rotted out. The top is literally falling apart. I also had to spray the top with waterproofing spray to keep it from leaking when it rained. I can't speak for any other manufacturer, but I wouldn't have another steelhorse top if they gave it to me!
01 Black Cobra 4.6L DOHC
02 ZX3 Focus 2.0L DOHC
cobra54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2001, 09:38 AM   #9
SBgreenYJ

I have a brand new best-top tan soft top sitting in my garage that I will probably sell soon...I know this isnt the right area but this is the topic...if anyone is interested email me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.