Need New Fender Flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need New Fender Flares

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
zackman2091
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Need New Fender Flares

Im looking for some new fender flares. im going with a new tire a 33 by 10.50 mud terrain because the ones i have now arent great for gas mileage so i need somethin a lil smaller and i have 7 inch fender flares right now so im looking for somethin that wont stick out that far possibly 6 or 5 inch and im looking for somethin that will make my jeep look higher the ones i have now are 7 inch and i dont have a high lift so it just looks funny. So somethin that will make my jeep look rugged but still keep the mud off my jeep.

zackman2091 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
K4KAS
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Whats this gas mileage you speak of? I really dont think that it is making that big of a difference. But I can understand you not thinking it looks good aspect. If you were to change the flares, anything other than factory style flares will cost you 150 or more. Thats at least what 4 or 5 tanks of gas?
The TJ flare conversion will give the looks of a bit more lift. If I were in your shoes, I would look for a set of TJ Rubicon flares.
K4KAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
dadstoys2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thats funny....
You drive a Jeep yet your are complaining about gas miliage.... Jeeps are not good on gas... end of story.
Np435 trans w/ np205
dadstoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
91BoD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KAS View Post
If you were to change the flares, anything other than factory style flares will cost you 150 or more. Thats at least what 4 or 5 tanks of gas?
The TJ flare conversion will give the looks of a bit more lift. If I were in your shoes, I would look for a set of TJ Rubicon flares.
What?! How much is gas near you? Cost me $45 to fill mine...:'(

Agreed, Tj flares are gonna be best all around: looks, clearance, coverage, etc.. I'm not sure how much wider the rubicon ones are but they can be harder to find and I'm not sure you'll need them with 33x10.5s although i don't know the backspacing of your rims..
91BoD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
zackman2091
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Im not saying that jeeps get good gas mileage but its more of the aerodynamics becuase because i can get good mileage highway and that is what i will be traveling next year because going back and forth to college
Unread 04-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Djsthe1
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Aerodynamics? I really dont think the flares are dragging you down that much.. A jeep is a box on wheels, flat grill, flat windshield.. Just curious to what kind of flares you are running now that you think changing them will make a huge difference..
Djsthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.