Need Late YJ seatbelt bolt hole locations, front inners. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Late YJ seatbelt bolt hole locations, front inners.

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
1990YJJeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Need Late YJ seatbelt bolt hole locations, front inners.

I searched everywhere (this forum and Google) for some dimensions but only found some pics that give me a rough idea as to where the floor pan bolt hole locations are for the front inner seat belts. I have an early YJ (1990) and am installing late YJ carpets and front inner belt buckles.

Does anyone have the dimensions for these holes? A location for the 2 holes from known reference points would be very helpful.

I know one of them (RH) appears to be where there is a molded rib in the sheet metal. The new holes also appear to be located several inches aft of the existing holes. I will leave the existing holes and seal them off. I already have new anchors and reinforcement plates to relocate the belts. I found out the location of the rear lower side seatbelt holes to install my family roll bar upgrade on this forum.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

1990YJJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
aeroyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I measured mine at 7 inches directly forward of the "step" in the floor. and 16.75 to 17 inches from the inside edge of the base of the roll bar. The measurement from the rollbar is angled somewhat forward not directly toward the inside if that makes sense.
[QUOTE]One of the most maddening thing about 1990s American cars is the mixture of metric and SAE fasteners throughout, as Detroit gradually shifted over to the standards system favored by Communists, criminals, and the morally bankrupt. -Murilee Martin[/QUOTE]
aeroyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
1990YJJeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks!!!

Wow, that sure was fast! I really appreciate your assistance and trouble getting the measurements for me!

Stay safe and well......
1990YJJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.