Need HELP with work on rear, please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need HELP with work on rear, please!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
MBarker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Need HELP with work on rear, please!

This is my first jeep, I don't know too much about them yet. I own a 1995 wrangler. My mechanic told me I need a new track bar, sway bar, and shocks. Also, in the near future, I am hoping to get a new frame (my mechanic emphasized that he does not know how it has not fallen apart in two pieces yet). Right now it's in poor condition, but I want to keep it & I'm willing to put the time and money into it. I am looking for advice on this situation, as I do not have a good network in my area (outside Boston/Nashua, NH/ Worcester,MA) and haven't dealt with this problem before. Please take a minute to respond if you have any insight; I would really appreciate it!

-Meaghan

MBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Owning a 20 year old vehicle and depending on paying a mechanic is a quick trip to the poor house.

As for track bars, take them off and toss in the trash. Sway bar is optional; if you keep it the bushings are ~ $20 and easy to change.

Before you do anything get the frame issue sorted out. Post pictures.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

yeah toss the track bar, un-needed on leaf sprung jeep! cheap shocks are 20 a pop. sway bar has no way to fail unless it bent or something, besides the bushings.

Just remember mechanics are also salesmen, always trying to sell you sh## you dont need
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure what track bar, sway bar, or shocks has to do with your rear. Maybe a picture of your rear would help.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Maybe a picture of your rear would help.
That depends what the dimensions are.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
That depends what the dimensions are.

And yoga pants/no yoga pants.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.