Need help with suspension shift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help with suspension shift

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
DessertRatt07
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Need help with suspension shift

Newbie here. Hope this is where I"m supposed to add or ask regarding the current subject. 91 Wrangler 4.0L with recently installed ProComp 2.5" lift and now my front axle shifted left (to driver side) about 2 inches. I've seen another thread where people are saying to remove the front track Bar and this will do it. My YJ is basically stock except for the lift I mentioned. This thread however, advises to install a track bar relocation kit. Anybody experience this and what are my options? Thanks in advance!

DessertRatt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I would ask in the YJ forum here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/ since you have a YJ with leaf springs front and rear removing the track bar wont be that big of a deal. With the XJ the coil springs allow the front end to dip a lot easier in turns. Leaf springs are a lot stiffer therefore don't allow the front end to dip as much. My buddy took both track bars off his YJ and has no problems with it, I would take off your track bar and drive around the block to see how it feels and if the wheels realign themselves or not. If you want to keep the track bar I would get an adjustable one rather than the relocation bracket.
miceanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
DessertRatt07
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks miceanic. I took the front track bar off as well as removed the sway bar links but only moved back into place about an inch. I drove it around the neighborhood but felt too 'loose'. I'm now thinking the way to go is the adjustable track bar as you mentioned. I'll do that and thanks for the advise.
Unread 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DessertRatt07 View Post
Newbie here. I posted recently in the wrong forum and finally made my way here (hope its the right one). Installed my 2.5" ProComp suspension lift on my otherwise stock 91 YJ and my front differential shifted to the left roughly 2-3 inches. Reading other related posts, I removed the sway bar links and track bar but only moved back in place around 1 inch and didn't like the way it handled, felt too loose. I am now needing advise on wheather to install a relocation kit or an adjustable track bar to make my front diff straight again. By the way, my front shacles also lean left and look weird.
Any thought, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
We need to see your jeep. You are going to need to take pictures of how it sits now. If you are unsure how to post images, here's a link on how to: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...sting-1407740/

We need images of:

1. The front, head on, close up enough so that the fenders are at the edge of the image.

2. Side view, fairly close up so we can see position of wheel center.

3. Close up of the shackles front and rear

4. close up pf the leafs at the u-bolts.

There may be some speculation posted here, but we need to see the issue to help.

All the best

EDIT: Nick?
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop

Last edited by Luuca; 05-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: maybe Nick can move this as a separate post?
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #5
DessertRatt07
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Planning on doing this after work.
Unread 05-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Let's see some pics and we can help you.
Unread 05-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
langwilliams
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure most on here say to bolt your lift kit on snug then lower the wheels to the ground an torque everything with the weight of the jeep on the suspension. It could have been slightly out of position while on the jack stands an got bolted into that position.
langwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
DessertRatt07
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ok. So had issues up loading pics (security token?). After loosening the leaf spring plate and u bolts, drove some more, the leaf spring shackles straightened a bit more but the axle is still off. Working on the pics. Thanks
Unread 05-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...sting-1407740/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.