Need help with starter solenoid *pics* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help with starter solenoid *pics*

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
atthemattin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Need help with starter solenoid *pics*

so here is my problem, I my jeep was not starting due to the starter solenoid no longer working, in addition to wires with some bad connections. so I got all of the wires fixed and the noid is back in place. well long story short one of the wires i need to connect to the noid was pulled out and now it wont run at all. the jeep runs fine, i have power to the dash but because some ******* tryed working on it before i owned it and has completely butchered the wiring to the starter, i'm having problems trying to figure out where this last wire goes too.

this is what the solenoid, it has 6 hot wires going to the pos end of the terminal and has two lower smaller terminals that has one wire going to each terminal. i can't figure out where this green wire with a white stripe goes.

the green wire is in my hand and it looks like it might have been butt connected to maybe another wire? or maybe it leads into another harness?

here is the older one. i'm talking about the wire that is on the smaller terminal at the bottom, not the larger one at the top that goes to the starter and battery. I can't figure out where the small terminal at the bottom right goes to, the other one is still connected to the original wire, now i just need to get this other one in so i can actually get the thing running

If you guys could help me i would really appreciate it. if you have any photos of your 4.2s and where those wire run too that would help out a lot. the jeeps and 87 with a 4.2, and honestly this is driving me crazy.

thanks a lot

atthemattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is what I found:

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
atthemattin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

So looking at that pic, I should have five terminals?
Unread 11-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthemattin View Post
So looking at that pic, I should have five terminals?
No....you should NOT take any adive from me if I post after 3PM!! That is the coil in those pictures not your starter relay!!! And you are as bad as me for not catching that!! Let me look AGAIn and see what I can come up with......this getting old really sucks

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe this is better information......but be suspicious of the source. He is old and abused himseld often and to the extreme and is now tripping out on thryptophan...and it is was past 3 PM!

Unread 11-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
Maybe this is better information......but be suspicious of the source. He is old and abused himseld often and to the extreme and is now tripping out on thryptophan...and it is was past 3 PM!

sounds like someone is having fun this thanksgiving.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
atthemattin
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hahahaha, yeah I blame myself for not seeing the coil. but this is what i've been looking for. i'll see what i can do with it tomorrow, i really am thankful for you finding this for me. thanks a lot

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.