Need Help with Starter Relay Wiring - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Help with Starter Relay Wiring

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
gsmith795
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_JeepGuy View Post
Check your fusible links and make sure one is not blown. Also, check to make sure your fuses in the fuse block (under the dash) are good as well, then check to see if you have power to the terminals in the fuse block that are involved with starting. If you need diagrams let me know I have some pretty thotough ones I can post.
+1 on the diagrams. I've got a 4.0 with a 93 wiring harness/ecu... so I guess if you've got wiring diagrams that apply to the 93 I'd love to see them

1992 YJ Rebuild Project
http://www.tgjeep.blogspot.com
gsmith795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #17
USMC_JeepGuy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Diagrams 87-90

These are for the 4.2 (87-90). If you need something else let me know.
starter-system-wiring-circuit.gif

power-distribution-wiring-circuit-part-1-2-.gif

power-distribution-wiring-circuit-part-2-2-.gif
USMC_JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #18
USMC_JeepGuy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

wiring 91-95

These are for the 4.0 (91-95). Included are the ignition switch diagrams. Let me know if you need something else.
starting-system.gif

ignition-switch-1.gif

ignition-switch-2.gif
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
USMC_JeepGuy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wiring diagrams

If you would like the complete wirin diagrams for everything send me a pm w/ your email addy and I can mail them to you. I once posted the entire thing but the mods deleted it for copywrite reasons....Let me know!
Unread 06-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_JeepGuy View Post
These are for the 4.2 (87-90). If you need something else let me know.
Thank you so much!! PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #21
jschulz85

wiring diagram

could you send me the complete for 89 wrangler 4.2 my email is bigblue174812@aol.com
jschulz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Oregon4x4

Trying to figure this situation out right now...two part question and I think they may be one to do with the other:

1. Who ever owned it has messed with the wiring and jimmy rigged it so that a Green wire that is hooked to the starter solenoid is not connected to anything up by the battery..so when I touch it to the positive side of the battery with the ignition in the on position it turns over but won't start on its own.

2. In order for me to get the vehicle to start I have to feed it fuel or starting fluid down into hose that goes into air filter....BUT if I hold it open so its rev it up and hold it for about 15 secs (manually from under the hood) then let off it will idle and run great until I need to start it again.
Oregon4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oregon you need to post up to a new thread. This one is old and please fill out your profile information for your Jeep. It will help us help you.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.