Need help with some questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help with some questions

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-18-2001, 01:27 AM   #1
needtofixajeep

Need help with some questions

My sister with a 90 wrangler just had her engine go south. It was a 2.5L with 200,000 miles on it and a shop quoted her 3,000 bucks to put a rebuild in. She does not have much money so I figured I would try to get one at a junkyard. I called around today and it seems that this 2.5L is hard to come by. One person so far told me that it is fairly rare. Is this true? Would I have a hard time finding one at a salvage yard in other cars chrysler makes (or is this an AMC thing)? I have never seen a Jeep in a junk yard unless it is an old mail one. From my understanding the 4.0 is more common to find which leads to my second question. Would it be way too much of a PITA to swap this in? I will do a search on this site to see prior info but thought I would ask. Time is a concern for it is her daily driver and she has a rent a car while her jeep is down which can add up quick dolar wise.

What do you all think? She is planning on getting another car fairly soon (later this year or next) just not right now. She also wants to keep it for a second car. As for myself, I was born with a wrench in my hand, I know older cars well but not newer computer stuff.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

needtofixajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 01:35 AM   #2
needtofixajeep

OK, after doing a quick search the swap to the 4.0L seems out of the question. Seems like it is way too much time. So back to my original question. How hard is it to find a 2.5L engine. Anyone have an extra one in Southern CA? If so please let me know. I want to take care of this thing this weekend.
needtofixajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 03:18 PM   #3
wilhelm

needtofix,
you can try www.quadratec.com , as per thier catalog they have fully remanufactured engines with a 3year-60,000 mile warranty for your jeep for $1595. ship fedex in 2 to 3
3 days freight free . as for junk yards , i know a good one but it's on the east coast...all american salvage 800/564-1945 in rahway,nj. they specialize in jeeps..
wilhelm nj
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2001, 02:48 AM   #4
lostboy

Try J&W auto wreckers. They advertise as large jeep wrecking yard and they're in your neck of the woods If ya need the address, e-mail me . Good luck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.