need help with my 1993 jeep wrangler, can anyone help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help with my 1993 jeep wrangler, can anyone help?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Fouse
1993 YJ Wrangler 

need help with my 1993 jeep wrangler, can anyone help?

what are the rubber groments between the body and the chasis called. i believe there are 4, 2 on each side located in between the tires. there is a rubber groment on top of the frame and under it. mine are rotting out and i would like to replace them but i dont know what they are called. thanks

Fouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Burns95
2004 WJ 

Those are the body mounts.
Burns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
Lockmin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You need a body mount bushing kit. And there are 11 mounting points of the body to the frame. I know I did it last fall/winter (93 YJ). About 100 bucks and up for a kit. I got the urethane ones, They are stiffer and last eons. You should drill a small hole above them and soak the livin hell out of them with something like WD-40 for a couple weeks before. YOU WILL PROBABLY SNAP MOST OF THE BOLTS OFF. Unless you have one with little rust. You will need a torch, a body panel saw, a friend or two, and someone to MIG weld the body steel you'll have to cut and peel up to access the top nuts. I had access to a hoist which really really helped. Oh and be prepared to use a tap or die to clean the threads up you don't snap off. Figure a couple days so you can take your time and do it right cause you won't wish to do it for awhile after. Good luck.
Lockmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmin View Post
You need a body mount bushing kit. And there are 11 mounting points of the body to the frame. I know I did it last fall/winter (93 YJ). About 100 bucks and up for a kit. I got the urethane ones, They are stiffer and last eons. You should drill a small hole above them and soak the livin hell out of them with something like WD-40 for a couple weeks before. YOU WILL PROBABLY SNAP MOST OF THE BOLTS OFF. Unless you have one with little rust. You will need a torch, a body panel saw, a friend or two, and someone to MIG weld the body steel you'll have to cut and peel up to access the top nuts. I had access to a hoist which really really helped. Oh and be prepared to use a tap or die to clean the threads up you don't snap off. Figure a couple days so you can take your time and do it right cause you won't wish to do it for awhile after. Good luck.
lolololololololololololol

You're in Wisconsin, OP is in California.

You story's invalid.

EDIT: Also, you're read poorly. Who uses WD-40? PB Blaster, fool.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum, Fouse.

You will find that many people on here will be very glad to help you. I am pretty sure there is a thread on here, maybe on FAQ that shows photos etc on how to replace your body mount bushings, either with stock, or with a body mount lift kit. I'll look for it and link it in shortly if I can find it.
PB blaster is the Jeepers friend, most of us use it as cologne as well. It comes in a spray can with a little red spray straw and can be purchased at most quality auto parts stores, and I have also seen it in places like Wallyworld. Don't expect a quick spurt to be enough, you need to soak the bolt threads a few times over a few days for best results. PB is "penetrating fluid." To access some of the 11 body mount bolts, you may have to drill a straw sized hole thru a body panel, the tub floor or the side of the frame to be able to get the straw in the right place and apply PB magic.

Here is the link from the FAQ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...-w-pix-705291/

Most complete body mount kits or body lift kits contain all the new hardware, etc. They should since the bolts are longer in the body lift kits. You can purchase these from places like Quadratec, etc. I am sure that numerous people will chime in with further recommendations/sources. As with all things Jeep, don't be in a hurry, and when you reassemble, consider applying a dab of grease or antiseize in the appropriate places. Blue threadlocker as well will help to keep out rust from freezing fasteners as well, believe it or not.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1993 , body lift , gromments , help needed , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.