need help isle 3 , tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help isle 3 , tires

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2001, 01:22 PM   #1
SaHaRa JeePeR

need help isle 3 , tires

what are the best tires for a daily driver thats used off road , every weekend
i'm hording supplies for an up and coming springover and am trying to get a "price of the total lift"

Unread 04-15-2001, 01:41 PM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The BFGoodrich All-Terrain is a good "all round" tire. They have good wear characteristics. and Good traction off road(for an all terrain)
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
Cody_91YJ

I used to run the BFG AT/KOs.
They are great!

Good traction on the rocks, work good in mild - moderate mud, and wear great on-road.

BUT...
I've read in a few reviews that the BFG MTs are supposed to wear very similar to the ATs.

So you may consider the BFG MT as well
Unread 04-15-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Besides the stock Wrangler ATs, I've run 31" BFG ATs, 32" Dunlop Mud Rovers, 33" BFG MTs and finally 35" SSRs.

The BFG ATs are definately fine on the street. But run through so much as a tear drop of water and they're worthless.

The Mud Rovers were *****'n off road. A little light on the sidewall maybe, but they bit and grabbed on anything. They absolutely sucked on the pavement.

The BFG MTs were a great all around tire.

The SSRs are no worse on the pavement than the BFG MT except they are a bit louder. But off road, they are head and shoulders above any tire I've run off the flat.

My commute is 50 miles roundtrip. So all these tires have definately been seeing a good amount of daily driving.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2001, 02:10 PM   #5
Cody_91YJ

um...Thats good to hear Osburn about the SSR wear. I was considering that for my next tire, but so far everyone has told me they won't last long on the road.
I think I'll check those out when its time to upgrade again
Unread 04-16-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I'm sorry if I implied long life. I've got about 10K on these tires. Not long enough really to comment on longevity.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #7
RickCJ7

Try the new Goodyear MTR's, they are a mud tire design but they are as quiet as BFG KO's on the highway, they use a new rubber compound that claims a 78% increase in mileage. And they have the strongest sidewall of any radial made. Besides that all the hard core Rock crawlers are using them, must be tough.
Unread 04-16-2001, 10:31 PM   #8
SaHaRa JeePeR

thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.