Need help identifying Under dash connectors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help identifying Under dash connectors

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
87YJerryRig
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Need help identifying Under dash connectors

I'm in the process of finishing up an engine swap and need help identifying some under dash connectors. First a little backgroung on the swap I'm doing.

- 87 4.2L to 94 4.0HO engine. The engine is installed and mated to the transmission.
- 89 AX15 (with CPS slot) mated to a 93 NP231
- I got the PCM Computer from the donor engine along with the downpipe w/ o2 sensor, Crank Position Sensor (CPS), the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), and the lines to the sending unit and transfer case.
- I purchased a 92-95 Power Distribution Center (PDC) from a 2.5L with manual transmission with bulkhead wires and wires that go thru the fire wall.
- Using the stock steering column.
- I purchased a dash harness for a 92 4.0HO Manual along with the speedo and tach units as well as the oil, gas, voltage, temp gauges.
- Compression test of the 4.0 is aat 120psi for all cylinders.
- I am using the original 87 Headlight wire harness.
- Using an external 1989 F-150 fuel pump and 94 YJ fuel filter along the frame rail by the gas tank.
- I still need a tail light harness.

The PCM is connected to the PDC and the dash harness is connected to the column and the the firewall. last night I installed the fuel pump and lines, and was checking voltage to the fuel pump. I am getting roughly 12v to the fuel pump when the ignition is turned to the on position.

When I go to crank the engine over nothing happens but the brake idiot light comes on. when I turn the key to the on position the Check Engine Light (CEL) come on and goes off as it should along with the seat belt light and the up shift light. The headlights work, the wipers work, and the blinkers come on but don't blink. I have checked voltage to the starter and it is getting constant from the battery from but not from the ignition signal. I am confused as to why the fuel pump will get a signal, but not the starter.

At first I though it might be a neutral safety switch or a parking break switch, but I am wondering if it is any of the unconnected plugs from the dash harness that is causing my starter problems. The first picture I think is for the tail light harness, but I do not know. Any help Identifying these plugs and where they go would be a huge help. The last plug comes from the PDC thru the firewall

img_20110902_060308.jpg   img_20110902_060044.jpg   img_20110902_060053.jpg   img_20110902_060017.jpg   img_20110902_060421.jpg  

Unread 09-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
87YJerryRig
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
87YJerryRig
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Checked more connections. But no luck. Does anyone know if a 92-95 power distribution center from a 2.5L will work for a 94 4.0 HO? Both are from YJ's. Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.