Need help...have 98 merc mountaineer rear end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need help...have 98 merc mountaineer rear end

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
fixxit413
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Need help...have 98 merc mountaineer rear end

Hi swapped out stock rear end for 98 mercury mountaineer on my 92 YJ with 4.0- My trouble is there is no e-brake set up now-what can be done to rig an e-brake so I can make this beast legal????? Thanx for any help

fixxit413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
aeroyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I used the Jeep e-brake cable. The idea came from here,
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/ford88.html
Look near the bottom of the page.
[QUOTE]One of the most maddening thing about 1990s American cars is the mixture of metric and SAE fasteners throughout, as Detroit gradually shifted over to the standards system favored by Communists, criminals, and the morally bankrupt. -Murilee Martin[/QUOTE]
aeroyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.