3Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBlueGoose
  • 1 Post By timatoe
  • 1 Post By timatoe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-28-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
TheBlueGoose

Need help finding harness bar.

Hey guys I can't seem to find a weld in harness bar for racing style harnesses seatbelts anywhere. I have found a weld in bar for a TJ for around $50. But for the YJ I have only found the Rock Hard 4x4 clamp on bar for $150. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 PM
jason m
Nothing but the facts

Are you referring to a 5 point harness? If so then just adding the back bar is not a true way of installing one. The right way is to install all points to a cage that the seat is attached to. This way the belts cant pull threw the sheet metal, or the seat cant rip from the its base.

Plus the angle of the back bar has to be installed correctly and using proper made seats or more harm can come from not being done right.

Jason.

1993 YJ 4.0 60 Front, Rear steer 60, bolth spooled, 5.38's, 700r/241 39.5 iroks and beating it like it owes me money.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt...

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-01-2017, 12:56 PM
gotswap
1989 YJ Wrangler 

this is what I use. Rubicon seats with the 5th point going through the floor with washers designed for the stress.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hard...ss+bar&ie=&oe=

post #4 of 10 Old 03-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Jeepsr4me

any metal seller will have plenty of bars you can get..
post #5 of 10 Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
TheBlueGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
Are you referring to a 5 point harness? If so then just adding the back bar is not a true way of installing one. The right way is to install all points to a cage that the seat is attached to. This way the belts cant pull threw the sheet metal, or the seat cant rip from the its base.

Plus the angle of the back bar has to be installed correctly and using proper made seats or more harm can come from not being done right.

Jason.
Everything is being secured properly and a proper seat is being used. I just need to get a bar for the shoulder straps to go across the roll bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotswap View Post
this is what I use. Rubicon seats with the 5th point going through the floor with washers designed for the stress.
The link you posted brings me to a Miata roll bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
any metal seller will have plenty of bars you can get..
I don't have a tube bender to use. I need a bar pre-bended to fit.

I think I could buy the TJ bar and if it doesn't fit the width I need I could chop it, reinforce and re weld it to fit the needed width.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-02-2017, 07:45 AM
gotswap
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ugh, that was supposed to be a link to the Rock Hard bar. Why not just use that?
post #7 of 10 Old 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
TheBlueGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotswap View Post
Ugh, that was supposed to be a link to the Rock Hard bar. Why not just use that?
Lol. I would use that, but I'd rather save 100 dollars and weld a bar in. But at this rate the Rockhard bar seems to be my only prefabbed option anyways.
gotswap likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I doubt you're going to find anything that will save $100 other than finding a local shop to cut and bend you a piece of tube. For online options, I'd call one of these guys.... https://atozfabrication.com/ or http://www.trailtubes.com/
TheBlueGoose likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-02-2017, 03:43 PM
gotswap
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueGoose View Post
Lol. I would use that, but I'd rather save 100 dollars and weld a bar in. But at this rate the Rockhard bar seems to be my only prefabbed option anyways.
If you go custom route just make sure that it extends behind the main hoop or you will lose several inches of leg room.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-04-2017, 02:56 PM
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueGoose View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...l#post37621289 Post #463 in case the link doesn't take you straight there.
TheBlueGoose likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Tags
harness , seatbelt , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.