Need help clutch problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
jlegan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Need help clutch problems

I installed a master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch, and had flywheel resurfaced. I got it back together bled system and went to back it out and it will not go into gear. I do not know what else to do, I was told that since i resurfaced flywheel i will need a spacer. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bump it for the first shift for you. I don't have a clue but I know there are others that do and I can sense your frustration.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
dank
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi,
Can you be more specific on the symptoms: does it grind when you try to put it in gear? does the gear shift lever move into first gear but you don't have traction when you release the clutch?do you have proper pressure when you press on the clutch pedal? Is your transfer case in neutral?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Kamikaze
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Also be more specific on how the clutch pedal feel compare to before it was changed. Will it shift with engine off (this is to rule out tranny issue). Have you bleed out all the air from master cylinder to slave cylinder?

Also you shouldn't need any spacer. the Pressure plate bolt right up to the flywheel (make sure you torque it right).

Good luck.

Live Free, Laugh Loud and be Friendly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.