need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-28-2001, 09:14 AM   #1
blackjeep

need help

i have a jeep wrangler. i am going to do a locker in my front axle and need to know if there will be any affects on the road while i am in 2 wheel drive. like going around turns. is it also true that my front drivshaft will now spin constantly no matter if im in four wheel or two wheel?
any advice would be appreciated.

Unread 10-28-2001, 06:50 PM   #2
RodeoRob

You should have virtual no effects from a front locker on the road in 2wd. Your driveshaft should already be spinning all the time anyways, because of the drivers wheel is always locked to the axle shaft. The passenger side is engaged/disengaged via a vaccumm actuator.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2001, 07:14 PM   #3
bob91yj

YJ front driveshafts do not normally spin in 2wd, because of the disconnect. TJ front d-shafts do normally spin due to no disconnect.

If you install a locker in the YJ the front shaft will spin in 2wd, so it is a good idea to have the d-shaft balanced when the locker is installed to prevent any d-shaft induced vibrations.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.