need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need help

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
95yj-af
1995 YJ Wrangler 

need help

I found a chevy 350 smallblock at the recycling center today. The guy working the yard said i could take it for $150. I need help to determine if it is an actual 350 or a 305. It is in a 1988 Chevy van, the tag under the hood says 5.7L, but I'm unsure about determining if it was still that. Are there any easy ways to determine that. I also need to know if $150 is a good deal. I have to pull the engine myself but that will be no problem.

To recap
Is $150 good deal for a running 350?
What is the easiest way to determine if it is really a 350?

95yj-af is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Shoot pictures of it from as many angles as you can and post them here, ideally post them to Facebook or Photobucket in a public album and then link here so that everyone can see.

That will help a great deal!
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Find the casting number on the block.... here is a link to the casting numbers of Chevy engines....

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-camaro-chevy-engine-block-codes.asp?group=1

Previous Jeeps:
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.