Need gas tank help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need gas tank help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Need gas tank help

I'm on the app since my computer not working but I'm finding it hard to search. I need immediate help since I'm about to take my new YJ for a 3hr drive to Philly. Need to know exactly how to do the 20 gallon gas tank mod. And also how to stop my tank from overflowing. I would like to do this today before I make the trek to Philly. Otherwise I'll be stopping 3-4 times to fill up. Also in jersey it's full serve and I just see myself having problems dealing with gas station attendants.

Someone please help this jeep rookie

SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Overflowing from where? It's supposed to be a sealed system so if gas is coming out of the top of the tank you have a bad hose or a bad seal on the sending unit.

What year and engine do you have?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It overflowed when filling. Everything ive read says that's common but fixable
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.