Need Front differential help ASAP - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Front differential help ASAP

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
pariah24
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats. And I hope this is a lesson learned well. As the others stated: Look everything over. If you don't know what you're looking for, take someone with you who does. I don't know what part of Florida you're in, but I'm sure someone here or over at FJOA, or a local jeep club would be happy to help.

pariah24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #17
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah24 View Post
Congrats. And I hope this is a lesson learned well. As the others stated: Look everything over. If you don't know what you're looking for, take someone with you who does. I don't know what part of Florida you're in, but I'm sure someone here or over at FJOA, or a local jeep club would be happy to help.

You are right, I do my own wrenching. But this got past me. I looked this guy in the eyes and asked the right questions, he lied through his teeth. He presented himself to me as a person that took care of his equipment. Then when I discovered the truth he claimed that he was not a mechanic and he did not tell me, what he did. Just a liar! All he did was flip flop when I had the full truth in the pictures.

Some times I hate how trusting I am.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm glad it worked out for the best and unfortunately it's hard to find people you can trust.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #19
justanotherjpr

Glad you got the guy to take the Jeep back. Sounds like a real rip off for sure.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #20
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Glad you got the guy to take the Jeep back. Sounds like a real rip off for sure.

I will not pay for a vehicle cash. Having a paper trail is a necessary these days. The fact that it was purchased Saturday with him having no way to cash the check until today, gave me the time to place a stop payment on the check.

This guy in my opinion tried to rip me off. The rear end would of blown in a few miles. You cannot hear a rear end when going slow, and the Yj had 42 inch mud tires on it. Top speed would be about 30.

This was a strictly off road Jeep.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.