Need Frame Fixed!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Frame Fixed!!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
05NHWrangler
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Need Frame Fixed!!!!

I need some help or suggestions to help my situation...I just had a Jeep YJ given to me. And the Jeep is in excellent condition inside and out. But...the crossmember that holds the transfer case and transmission is rusted out. I know it bolts to the frame and it costs about 350.00 for the new plate. The problem is the nuts that are welded to the frame are rusted out as well. Is there anyone that has gone through the same issue? and how did you fix it? and is it worth the hassle? Thanks

05NHWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
nasnop

Not an easy fix, but not impossible. The best way is to get a look at it.

BTW, if you're in NH, you may want to check out www.newjo.org. Its a jeep club based in NH. Lots of local wheeling and wrenching info and activities.
nasnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
King03Kev
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not really that big of a deal. Get a used cross member from local recycler and maybe you could just drill out the busted nuts and thru drill frame and use longer bolts that go all the way thru frame.
kevyj87 '87 I6 5spd, 215,000+ miles, Herced, Nuttered, Weber, HEI, RE 4", 1" BL, 4:11's, np231, 33x12.5's, SYE & shaft, 1" brown dog mm, home made bumpers front & rear, Ramsey 8,000lb winch
King03Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
pacodelahoya
1987 YJ Wrangler 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jeep-...spagenameZWDVW

There's your skid plate, better hurry, two hours left as of this posting.

The fix itself is no big deal if you or buddy can weld, plenty of threads about it.

Do they have AA for Jeeps?
pacodelahoya is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.