need a fpr with weber 38/38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need a fpr with weber 38/38

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
YJFreak
1988 YJ Wrangler 

need a fpr with weber 38/38

Last edited by YJFreak; 01-19-2011 at 01:41 PM..
YJFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
coleslaw
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The fpr is needed for the Weber as the presure for stock is around 5 and the Weber requires between 1.5 and 3. You can put in a clear fuel filter before the fuel pump, put in the fpr between the fuel pump and old filter and then use a "T" to replace the old metal filter. I would leave the feed back in place as this is a way for the carb to deal with vapor, excess fuel, etc.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I]A country that tries to spend itself to prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handles.[/I][/COLOR]

[I]Winston Churchill[/I]

87 YJ I6, nuttered and rushed, 2.5" lift, 31x10.5, custom made f&r bumpers, Mojave heater, TJ flares, Superwinch S9000, hm swingout tire carrier, tool drawer, custom electical control, and more in the works...........
coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
gbeltran
1988 YJ Wrangler 

With the return line in place you shouldn't need a FPR, I'd run it without and see if fuel drips out of the carb boosters. You aren't contemplating one of those glass fuel filters are you, I'm talking about one of those cheap ones that you unscrew to replace the element, I'd steer clear if you are, seen too many leak.
gbeltran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
YJFreak
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Last edited by YJFreak; 01-19-2011 at 01:41 PM..
YJFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel pressure regulator , weber , weber carb

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.