Need Advice on yj 350 build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need Advice on yj 350 build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
jman228

Need Advice on yj 350 build

Hello, I'm planning on building a yj this year from the frame up. I'm about to start working offshore so it gives me a good bit of free time and good money to find a hobbie so I want to do all the work and hopefully finish by next years cruzin the coast. I've had a tj on 33's before but nothing special now I want a daily driver yj on either 35s or 37s with a 350. So here comes my questions.

First off fuel injected or carb 350? (I know fuel injected is better but carb is easier) and I want to know how much harder is a fuel injected swap over carb? just looking for some opinions.

I plan on beefing up the motor so I want to get aluminum head for the extra hp mainly because I want around 350 to 375 horses. Thoughts about that?

Next axles? thinking ford 8.8 with 4.11 gears for 35s but what gears for 37s and no clue about front besides a dana 44.

I've seen dashs in yjs that have circle gages and they are at an angle facing the driver. Anyone seen them and know where to order it?

P.S. I know about the swap details and I'm going to do a SOA lift.

jman228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
brianfulcher15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

you need to look into the state laws for your state you wish to title the car in. In most states it seems the law follows a rule of motor being newer or same year as the jeep, and then you have to pull all of the emissions equipment from the doner vehicle to use with the jeep, or else its not meeting federal guidelines. I found a lot of info about the laws on the s10 forums since doing v8 swaps are a dime a dozen in s10's.
brianfulcher15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Suprmn
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Double D Fab is where you can get the dash you are looking for.
89 Wrangler, All OME suspension, Dana 44 rear, Upgraded Alloy USA Dana 30, Rock Hard & OR-Fab cage mods, Warrior bumpers, XRC 8000 winch, Weber Carb, Corbeau seats, Double D dash, Solid Axle diff covers, Borgeson steering shaft, flowmaster exhaust, Tom Woods driveshafts.
Suprmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
350 , build , question , restore , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.