need 88 4.2 intake manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > need 88 4.2 intake manifold

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 02-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
rottenscott
1988 YJ Wrangler 

need 88 4.2 intake manifold

i have not seen these online anywhere,lots of aftermarket exhaust manifolds avail tho.Are these avail? Thanks.

rottenscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Your gonna have to purchase a used one. I just recently bought one for $75 or so on this forum. post in the WANTED section of the forum.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Offy and clifford sell them and allow you to run a 4 barrel, but you can adapt for a 2 barrel as well.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I believe I have another one sitting here.
If you are interested shoot me a PM.
Tompatt how did that one work out for you?

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
johnrezz
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I got two of them if above does not work out
1989 YJ 258CI 4.2L with 4.0-HO(7120)5 angle head job, Comp-Cam 4x4 xtreme cam, Holley 4412 500CFM Carb, Clifford performance single Plenum intake, CRT HEI distributor, Rough country 4" lift, 33.5 tires, Ultra Polished Aluminium Rims, Warn Powerplant, Galaxy DX-979 w/ a little help-x-250, custom tire swingout rear bumper, quick disconnects, Posi-Loc, new paint.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/jeep-build-take-two-642379/
johnrezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.7stroker View Post
I believe I have another one sitting here.
If you are interested shoot me a PM.
Tompatt how did that one work out for you?

Dwayne
haha. how do u have so many!? um.. its sitting here in my room waiting to be put on. srry for hijacking.. how hard is it to put one on? how do u clean your manifolds?
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I saw the post and was going to add mine to the list looks like your covered.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I clean them with oven cleaner and hot water.
I have rebuilt a few Jeep motors, built me a stroker and just have stuff on shelfs here.
It is pretty easy to change if you have some basic tools and common sense, should take no longer than 3 hrs.
Just get a manifold gasket kit gasket that includes the carb gaskets or just get the intake/exhaust gasket and cut your own carb gaskets from gasket material available at the car parts store.
Easy stuff.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
rottenscott
1988 YJ Wrangler 

thanks guys for the comeback, i lost control of the computer there for awhile so im slow to get back. Are any of you guys set up for credit card or paypal? If so let me know and i'll give you a call and i can just buy the manifold from one of you guys. thanks alot. scott
rottenscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have pay pal CO to Ca wouldn't be too bad on the shipping PM me if you need the manifold, I was just getting ready to throw it on craigslist.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.