Name that vacuum port! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Name that vacuum port!

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
gsnfl
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Name that vacuum port!

Sorry...new to this forum but I've come to like it for lurking purposes the bestest...

Weber-Nuttered 4.2 in an 88. I was cleaning up some vacuum lines and found this on the back of the engine near the firewall sucking away like a feind with nothing attached to it. Should it and to where?
Gracias!

mysteryport.jpg   mysteryport2.jpg  
gsnfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I believe that is the one that used to be hooked to the decel valve, which you don't have anymore. So you can cap it.

http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/decel.htm
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
gsnfl
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ahhhhhh thank you!
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
ctm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I thought that one is for the vacuum line to the heater control box.
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
jamesbland123
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Goes to the heater control for the passenger side vent. The line actually goes through the firewall to the heater vent control switches. If you don't plan to use the right side vent then just plug the hole. To get it working do some searches for heater vacuum control as there are other parts you might be missing such as a check valve and small vacuum line.
jamesbland123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
gsnfl
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Isn't a jeep one big vent? That explains my pain below 10F!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.