N.J. inspection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > N.J. inspection

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
posicp

N.J. inspection

I have a 1990 yj, I am beginning my research on a v8 conversion and wanted to see if anyone has gotten a converted yj through N.J. inspection

posicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
wanabejeeper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had extensive talks with these guys. the rule is you need the same year or newer engine. You must keep all emission stuff with the new engine intact. One the swap is complete you take it to an inspeciton station that can review the engine swap and provide the proper documentation.

Last edited by wanabejeeper; 04-13-2010 at 01:20 PM..
wanabejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Tooch
1994 YJ Wrangler 

if not go to private inspection lol

Green 4.0 5spd 4.10's, 4"rc lift, 33x12.50 bfg km2's
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.