My version of LED tailights (writeup, lots of pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My version of LED tailights (writeup, lots of pics)

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #16
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I like it, I did my LED because the kept getting wacked by branches and the cracks let water in killing the bulbs. good idea

richharr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #17
cadencedad
1999 TJ Wrangler 

light

thanks for the write up
cadencedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #18
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the complaments. Everyone that sees them like them.
I might have to try something like for my 79 cherokee. Just need to find some that fit the housing.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Corpse Kid
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Whats the part number on the package?
Corpse Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Couldnt tell ya. They are long gone. I got these at the local tractor supply company. If you have one around you, you could see if they have any there.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #21
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jeep
Couldnt tell ya. They are long gone. I got these at the local tractor supply company. If you have one around you, you could see if they have any there.
I did some web searching and I think I found the two lights you bought. They are Blazer part#s C783 and C793. If you open up the link to the driver side, you will see a link to the other one on the right.

http://www.tigeraccessory.com/detail.asp?id=C783
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #22
Corpse Kid
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I found them at the tractor supply up the street. Thanks for the great idea.
Corpse Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #23
will_982
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thought I'd add that the relay you need is Stant EL-12. Went threw this and (timatoe) helped me out.
will_982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
floodj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The lights look great! You mentioned you have extra bright reverse lights. What did you get, I would be very interested in some extra light.
floodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #25
renegade10s
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry to steal your post subject but i have been looking for a hitch just like yours and i dont know the name or where to get one at? If anyone has the knowledge lemme know plz and what are the round metal things sticking off our bumpers for? protection?
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #26
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade10s
... and what are the round metal things sticking off our bumpers for? protection?
Yea, they're for protection from shopping carts at the mall.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #27
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodj
The lights look great! You mentioned you have extra bright reverse lights. What did you get, I would be very interested in some extra light.
I got the backup bulbs quite a few years ago. Cant even remember where, but it was mail order. (could have been either jc whitny or 4 wheel drive hardware) I just moved them from my old housings to the new ones. They fit into the sockets, but the bulb kinda looks like a mini hallogen bulb, might be what it is.

Quote:
Sorry to steal your post subject but i have been looking for a hitch just like yours and i dont know the name or where to get one at? If anyone has the knowledge lemme know plz and what are the round metal things sticking off our bumpers for? protection?
If your talking about my trailer hitch. Its home made. Me and my dad made it when I was in high school (like 7 years ago) It wouldnt be too hard to make, if you want I could email you some close up pics if you want to try and make one of your own. And those round things sticking off the back, are actually the bumpers. Factory calls them bumperettes, or something to that effect.

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #28
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

Very nice work.
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #29
renegade10s
1995 YJ Wrangler 

that would be awesome cobrajeep. I love the look of your custom bumper and i had seen something like it before. email me them if u get a chance
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #30
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
that would be awesome cobrajeep. I love the look of your custom bumper and i had seen something like it before. email me them if u get a chance

I will try and take some pics of it tomorrow. Actually its not a bumper, its just a trailer hitch. But let me know your email and I will send ya some pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.