My tail light is on it's own program - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My tail light is on it's own program

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-11-2002, 11:38 AM   #1
MaryB54

My tail light is on it's own program

Ok, right rear tail light- (if your looking at it from the back). It was out at first, so I replaced all the bulbs. After a new fuse for the turn signals, my '89 once again makes the "ticking" noise when my left turn signal is on, but when the right one is on- nothing. Now that's the least of my problems. The best part is that my right light is now on but it's on high- like when your turn signal flashes brighter- it's like that permanently. The turn signal indicator (on the dash) just comes on, but doesn't flash and my front turn signal stays on too- no flashing. When my lights are on that right tail light is always brighter than the left. But get this- when I brake the right tail light gets dimmer like it's supposed to be all the time. The left tail light and front turning light are working normally. I am so frustrated at this point, I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me??

MaryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You might have the brake light in backwards .. its a two-pole light .. flip it the other way, and try again ..

Let us know what happens ..
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
MaryB54

thank you

Thank you so much! It was so simple. Funny thing is for how many times I've pulled that bulb out, and played around with the wiring and such, I never turned the bulb the right way. Once again thank you for solving the problem that has been bugging me for a while now. Chet's all better now- thank you !

Personal Peeve: Girly girls in automatic Jeeps
MaryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Not a problem ..

BTW: What's with girly automatic Jeeps? MY Jeep is automatic.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.