My stupid question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My stupid question.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Islander_child
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My stupid question.

Alright im in the process of replacing my CAD system with a cable posi loc system. Well i cracked the housing open on the passanger side and gear oil spewed out. Question. Where the hell do i fill it back up? I assume its at the differential but i wasnt sure if there was some separate point for the axle.

Unread 06-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It just comes from the fluid you put into the differential. There is no seal on that side so it splashes/flows out of the differential into the axle tube and lubricates the CAD parts.
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
MoparFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Islander_child
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thats what i figured thanks

Tags
cad , dana 30 , gear oil , posi-lock

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.