My stock YJ with 33s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My stock YJ with 33s

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #16
Campsen
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Why not just hold out 'til after the lift? There are plenty of broke/college jeeper builds on the forum. It's just odd you did it completely contrary to logic and common practice.
contrary to logic and common practice? what are you even talking about?

Campsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
Campsen
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The only point of this post was to show that I was capable of fitting 33's without a lift and no rub. I don't get why everyone insists it rubs even though I've been driving it this way for about a week now, hit plenty of potholes and it drives fine. On the second picture on the back side of my rear wheel there's as much clearance as there is on the front side of the wheel well if that's what everyone's *****ing about. I'm still lifting it when I get the money so everyone needs to take a chill pill...
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #18
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsen

Tire size vs clearance. The safer way would be to lift then size up tires. Both are expensive to do; that's why people tend to lift first to avoid issues like rubbing etc. You're probably fine if you're a very aware driver, you take it easy, and its going to be a street queen until you lift it... just a risk most would go out of their way to avoid. Good luck with the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #19
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsen
The only point of this post was to show that I was capable of fitting 33's without a lift and no rub. I don't get why everyone insists it rubs even though I've been driving it this way for about a week now, hit plenty of potholes and it drives fine. On the second picture on the back side of my rear wheel there's as much clearance as there is on the front side of the wheel well if that's what everyone's *****ing about. I'm still lifting it when I get the money so everyone needs to take a chill pill...
The comments about rubbing relate to suspension articulation, not rubbing from driving on a flat surface or a mild bump at a slow enough speed. No need to get defensive, that's just how it is when it comes to suspension vs tire size.

It's more of a "should it be done" rather than a "could it be done".

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
Campsen
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah it's a street queen until I get a bigger rear axle and 4:88's. I'm not sure if I want to put a 2.5" or a 4" lift though
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just make her you don't sipe your tires in half with your fenders before you lift it.
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #22
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsen View Post
Bunch of snarky comments on here... I'm going to lift it, but sorry money doesn't grow on trees like it apparently does for all of you
Meh, you're still new here. We break 'em in WAY nicer than other sites.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #23
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Driving it for a week? Where? In and out of the garage to get the mail?

Bring that here to IL. I guaran-f'in-tee you that rear tire will crease the tub behind the tire with the roads out here.

Come back with a pic like the one below with your current setup and we'll agree that you have no rub with 33's and a stock setup.
snapshot-3-5-19-2013-7-56-pm-.png  

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #24
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
Meh, you're still new here. We break 'em in WAY nicer than other sites.
he really needs to post a thread here: http://www.pirate4x4.com
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #25
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

if your looking for approval you're on the wrong site, most people here do things the proper way and will point out mistakes. there is another wrangler forum where you will find some that approve of half arse things like this, just don't ask them a question that requires experience or knowledge.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
dcocch
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsen View Post
He means the logical thing to do would be put on a lift and then put on bigger tires later. OR this crazy idea of saving money for a while until you can buy both a lift and tires and do them at the same time.

Then again...I know how people are about instant gratification! That's why many have so much credit card debt....
dcocch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
if your looking for approval you're on the wrong site, most people here do things the proper way and will point out mistakes. there is another wrangler forum where you will find some that approve of half arse things like this, just don't ask them a question that requires experience or knowledge.
We point things out because we are willing to back it up with constructive advice. That last part is the most important. Anyone can point out mistakes but its ones who are willing to help rectify someone else's problems that we come to this site to seek out help.

We judge a little but wil see you through til you get it right. Sometimes even on your doorstep.
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticanman View Post
we point things out because we are willing to back it up with constructive advice. That last part is the most important. Anyone can point out mistakes but its ones who are willing to help rectify someone else's problems that we come to this site to seek out help.

We judge a little but wil see you through til you get it right. Sometimes even on your doorstep.

truth!!!!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #29
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I say get out the sawzall and you will have no problems. :-)
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
Campsen
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
We point things out because we are willing to back it up with constructive advice. That last part is the most important. Anyone can point out mistakes but its ones who are willing to help rectify someone else's problems that we come to this site to seek out help.

this is why I like you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.