My steering's gone crazy!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My steering's gone crazy!!

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I always suggest to people to disconnect the swaybar and take it for a drive. Every Jeep is different. Some drivers are OK without it off and others get nervous because it feels too loose and unstable. It does take some getting used to especially with a flexy suspension.
I remove my swaybar for the summer. I run the soft top and I do get a little bump steer but it never goes crazy.It's actually really nice running on highways. I put the swaybar back on in the winter when I put the hardtop back on. The higher center of gravity from the top gives me way to much body lean in corners. I have a set of disconnects on it so I can disconnect it for wheeling. I also put the swaybar on when I pull my utility trailer.

Unread 04-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #17
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

it kinda sounds like some people need to google "bump steer."
fratis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.