Okay so I'm bored waiting for a movie to start so I thought I would post this up. Nothing super but anywho just thought I would share. When removing my body mounts to remove the tub I broke 6 of my body mounts. I know many other people have done the same when doing this project to install a body lift. I had soaked my body mounts for about three weeks in PB blaster heated the area and used and impact and they still broke....They broke up high and were simply just a pain. So my solution was to cut out the old adjustment nuts and make some new ones.
I'll cover the rear passenger side of the jeep....My tub is off but I just did this on a buddys jeep with his tub on. First I cut 3 sides like a rectangle on the inside in the little cavity between the wheel well and the back of the jeep. I cut it like this so when I'm all done I can flip it back and weld it back just like it was.
Next once I had the old one out it was time to make a new one...If I really wanted to I probably could have got the broken part of the bolt out of the old keeper but it was all rusted and this just seemed faster.
So I took a piece of 5/16ths flat stock and cut it into a square of 2 and one/8th inches and then drilled roughly a 7/8ths hole it was more like a 13/16ths but tapered on both sides to allow my weld to kind of puddle into.
I then bought a 7/16ths 14 thread nut and placed it inside of my circle
and then started welding...I would weld one side then jump to the other and slowly worked my way around the nut. This was the top side since the nut is a little taller than the 5/16ths steel
After this was accomplished I ground it down flat on the bottom side to get a flat surface and this was the finished product.
Then I painted it and installed it. So far I have done like 3 of these and they have all worked great. I was able to do these projects with an angle grinder, a right angle drill with a tapered bit, and a 110 mig welder. I would say they took me about 25-30 minutes a piece but thats cutting the old one out to putting the new one in.....Anywho just thought I would share...The body mount bolts along the frame rails are bigger than the rest so when you do this to those you need to buy a bigger nut. Not sure what size that one is off the top of my head but the other two I did were that size and they also worked out well.
Also one more note I thought I would add if you don't have a tap and die set make sure to put a bolt in the nut when you weld it as slag will want to jump in there if not..on my first one I forgot to do this so I just ran my tap through it but on the other two I made sure to put the bolt in the nut while welding.
So yea there is my mini write up haha nothing special just thought I would share.