My marshmallow build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #121
Goobersbro

yea it is crazy how it all hides haha but whatev and for the friend she's still alive so don't feel bad ha

Unread 09-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #122
Goobersbro

I"ve got a floorboard baby!!!!!!!!!!

Got a good amount of work done today got the side panel finished just about and got my floor panel made and tacked.

Started out with finishing the side panel

Now onto the floor

The piece all bent up and tacked. My dad and I did all the breaks... Took us a while due to us not having a break press. We used a bunch of clamps and two pieces of wood. My dad is a friggin genuis and we were able to do the whole thing in one piece

Tacked in and done for the day

Pictures of the inside and the side panel at the end of today.

So what do yall think? I am super happy with how the floor piece turned out. It took us about an hour and a half or two to bend it all up and cut it but we were able to do it in one piece and match pretty close to the factory bends...It was really hard though because we really don't know what the factory bends were due to it all being rusted out and the P.O putting a cheater plate in. Anywho all done for today, tomorrow I will cut out some more rust and tack in some new sheet elsewhere in the jeep!
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #123
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

good job goob. nice to have some help from the old one.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #124
mylightsrsquare
1988 YJ Wrangler 

sweet build man, i hope rebuild my jeep when im out of high school and have a real job
Unread 09-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #125
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
good job goob. nice to have some help from the old one.
Thanks Guys
Yea it does sure help I had started welding and cutting and he got home from church and was like why don't we just do that in one piece and I was like I don't know. Our friend who basicly has a small machine shop in his garage was out of town so I was opting to cut and weld since we didn't have access to a break. Anywho we thought for a little bit and he told me just to start cutting the shape and he would be back out in a little so I started cutting then he came back out and we rigged up a break. Not the best by far but it did dang good. it was work though it took both of us to bend that metal up. It wouldn't have looked nearly as clean without him fabbing that break up and helping me thats for sure
Unread 09-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #126
TNGatorBrad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I can't wait to see her finished.
TNGatorBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #127
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGatorBrad View Post
Looks good. I can't wait to see her finished.
Thanks man its been a ton of work haha

So today bright and early at work I cut my thumb pretty bad on the side all the way to the bone from top to almost bottom like my nail is cut anywho this has put a damper on a lot of things. I'm debating rite now to go to the doctor or not. its been 10 hours and the sucker is still bleeding.....so I think I may head over there but really don't want to I don't know what to do anyways yea and I leave thursday for a retreat up in tahoe so I won't be able to work on the jeep till sunday at the earliest
Unread 09-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #128
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobersbro View Post
thanks man its been a ton of work haha

so today bright and early at work i cut my thumb pretty bad on the side all the way to the bone from top to almost bottom like my nail is cut anywho this has put a damper on a lot of things. I'm debating rite now to go to the doctor or not. Its been 10 hours and the sucker is still bleeding.....so i think i may head over there but really don't want to i don't know what to do anyways yea and i leave thursday for a retreat up in tahoe so i won't be able to work on the jeep till sunday at the earliest
Go the freaking doctor and get stitches!
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #129
Goobersbro

I went and got stitched he wasn't sure how he was going to do it or if it needed it until he started playing with it. the nail is holding most of it together plus the stitch now but yea now I have to deal with this stupid thing for 7-10 days are you friggin kidding me
Unread 09-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #130
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Don't you have Super Glue? We don't need no stinkin' stitches.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #131
Goobersbro

so I just got home after going to the E.R. The friggin anti biotics they gave me for my wound I had a major major allergic reaction to. So at this point I have now had 4 shots, 1 I.V several things put in my system and I almost cut off the top of my thumb which is what started this hole mess....I'm going to bed
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #132
TNGatorBrad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
so I just got home after going to the E.R. The friggin anti biotics they gave me for my wound I had a major major allergic reaction to. So at this point I have now had 4 shots, 1 I.V several things put in my system and I almost cut off the top of my thumb which is what started this hole mess....I'm going to bed
WOW - What a freakin' day...
TNGatorBrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.