My marshmallow build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #91
Goobersbro

yea I'm still sad at times I had to part with them, but there was simply tooo much rust. Most of the brakets holding the flares on are rusted out so I would have to make new brackets. Also the direction I want to take the jeep the flares just arn't compatible.

Unread 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #92
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

if you where mall crawling then the bling flares would work. since you are going to really wheel that thing ,they have to go.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #93
Goobersbro

Well I got the entire passenger side of the engine pulled today except for the starter. I also got the fan and water pump pulled as well as the steering box off the frame. I couldn't get the brake lines off and stripped one all the way around....I put some small vise grips on it and it just started stripping the other side. So I'm thinking about just cutting it out...This would mean later on I have to run new lines rite...which I already am going to do steel braded lines down to the calipers...and the rear is getting the 8.8....so really all I would have to do is run new steel lines correct??? How much do you guys think this would cost?

Also when I removed the water pump this is what I found. I put the water pump back on and turned it by hand and didn't hear any grinding....So either it wore enough clearance into the cyliner wall or its unbalanced in some way and at higher speeds is grinding it....What should I do?? I found it pretty surprising though.

Also the steering box came out with ease. THANK GOD. I was praying so hard I wouldn't break a bolt and the bolts came out super super easy I have heard horror stories about removing the steering box. Tomorrow I will remove the starter drive shafts, transfer case, engine, sway bar, shocks, and brake and gas lines..... hopefully sunday grind the frame down and monday Por-15 it
Unread 05-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #94
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

if i didnt have a dentist appointment tomorro id come help
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 05-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #95
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
...Also when I removed the water pump this is what I found. I put the water pump back on and turned it by hand and didn't hear any grinding....So either it wore enough clearance into the cyliner wall or its unbalanced in some way and at higher speeds is grinding it....What should I do?? I found it pretty surprising though.

Buy a new one. I just bought one for the XJ 4.0, and it was $25 at Kragen. If your planning to go with a Taurus fan, tell the guys at the auto parts store, you want one for an XJ. The clutch fan isn't attached to the pump, so they're skinnier. I'm not exactly sure that it will fit, but they look the same. You can always take it back and say they gave you the wrong one. Timatoe would be very interested in the results. Here's some pics of the XJ pump.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #96
Goobersbro

oh wow thats cheap I was planning on buying a new one anyways due to the fact I wasn't going to risk it but isn't that odd...I don't know I found it odd but yae...I have 500 put away for random stupid crap that goes wrong or is broken so hopefully I don't run out of the random stupid crap funds haha
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #97
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
oh wow thats cheap I was planning on buying a new one anyways due to the fact I wasn't going to risk it but isn't that odd...I don't know I found it odd but yae...I have 500 put away for random stupid crap that goes wrong or is broken so hopefully I don't run out of the random stupid crap funds haha
dont forget to save $200
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #98
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
dont forget to save $200
lol thats in my 8.8 budget I have like 800 in there I think that should be enough for axle your t case and the driveshaft IDK might have to steel some money from another part of my budget
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #99
Goobersbro

SO I pulled the rest of the stuff off the frame and the transfer case hopefully pulling the rest soon

Unread 05-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #100
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That typically happens with the waterpump when the bearings start going. Chances are if you grab the pulley on the water pump you can rock it back and forth. Oh and the XJ pump doesn't work, the bolt holes for the brackets are in different spots as the XJ uses a different mounting and bracket setup for all the accesories.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #101
Goobersbro

okay thanks for the heads up...I just contacted ALCAN springs for a price quote on my SOA springs
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #102
YjMudder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

hey goobersbro how are yah buddy.u have an amazing thread here,i can only hope mine is half as good as urs.i wish u lived in canada so we could go wheelin.im wondering,have u done ur soa yet? cuz my 89 came with it,so i would like to kno what new springs i should go with,mine are getting pretty flat,also i priced out the super 40 flowmaster,i should be pickin that up someday soon.i think im gonna go with the single in but duall out,so i can do one tip out by the passenger door and the other behind the driver door,whats ur thoughts??
YjMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #103
Goobersbro

No I havn't done SOA yet have to get the tub finished first then start on the frame work which will be SOA ect....As for the exhaust that sounds cool but would that do offroad? I always wanted to route mine rite in front of the passenger rear tire but since I play in rocks that wouldn't work...I would end up just smashing it up
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #104
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

Last pics reminds me of the ride Humongus drove in Mad Max Road Warrior...haha

Great thread man. My first Jeep was a 92' Base, but I remember the Renegade package very well....because it was the hottest thing on the street back then.

Should make for a killer restore/rebuild.

/subscribed.
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #105
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

this dam weather has put a damper on getting stuff done! your going to miss the wheeling season if it doesnt stop raining long enough to get back on it. have you thought about one of those canopy carports?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.