My marshmallow build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #76
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ru still going with dark green? i vote for orange. i tried to talk others into that color with no success

jeep01.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #77
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
ru still going with dark green? i vote for orange. i tried to talk others into that color with no success
I like that color a lot
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #78
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
Oh and this which is friggin awesome oh and all the friggin torx bolts are like stripping or breaking so I'm going to have to like drill out a ton of them and then re tap or clean up the threads and then go to allen heads.

Haha the first time I folded down my windshield, the passenger side hinge snapped just like that.
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #79
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
Haha the first time I folded down my windshield, the passenger side hinge snapped just like that.
did you fork out the money for new ones or weld it? I'm thinking about welding it and then sending all my hinges off to be powder coated
Unread 05-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #80
Goobersbro

So today I did a ton of work on the jeep and changed my plans up yet again....

So first off I pulled the tub off everyone I know was busy so I got it most of the way off and then my mom helped me and I got it off completely... first picture of the day...All the red you see in the picture are areas I have already removed surface rust....
Then Once I got the tub removed I started removing stuff from the frame and the gas tank......The frame is being removed ground down and por 15-ed so it has to be completely stripped this wasn't in the original plan but dang if I'm this far into it mise as well...
Then I ran into a couple of snags. I don't know how to remove the brake cables....The wrenches are just stripping the bolts so I think I'm doing something wrong.... Anyways I moved onto the rest of the engine I can pull.... I'll be posting up some questions rite after this post in tech to help with the rest of the engine pulling which I hope to do tomorrow..The piece of cardboard is to kind of keep crap out of the ports

Also here are some new parts I have had sitting around the house..... Yes Savvy Corners My plans are to tie aluminum satin black and that orange all in together I think its going to look sharp....

Also I was given a deal and I wasn't wanting to build my own inner fenders and it wasn't that much more all said in done so I went ahead and bought the metal cloak fenders....I will still be making my own flares however and am going to try to put a spin on them so they don't look like all the others....

So for the plans changed I have now decided to not do my flat skid modify the body mounts or do my motor mount lift. I'm just going to do a 1" body lift and make it SOA.....I have flip flopped back and forth deciding if I was going to do a flat skid and keep it 4" sua or go SOA and not do a flat skid well I'm just going to do SOA and then do a 1" body lift so later on I can do a high clearance skid...Money wise it comes out to just a little more I was looking at spending a descent amount to do the flat skid on the mml/ steel/ bushings/ and the flat skid itself...it was going to be around 600 so now...I just have to buy springs shocks and a high steer of some sort.....Brake lines I already have figured into my budget so thats the same as with the SYE.....Also I think I'm going to be able to sell my Rugged Ridge Heavy duty tire rod set up its still like brand new it only went on one trail ride so maybe I can pick up like 100 or 125 for that and help offset the cost of the new steering setup.... SO yea thats the change the work is going to pick up now on the jeep I have the money in the bank and have tons of stuff to keep me busy so updates and pictures will be more often sorry for the lapses in time but I"m young and with work and church I just havn't had time....Funny for a while I had all the time and no money now I have money and No time hahahaha
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #81
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

looks like you r doing it right, nut to much rust there either. at least from the pics.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #82
Douglas S.

You'll need a flare nut wrench to get off the brake line fittings.
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #83
Goobersbro

ah okay once I get this and like what size do I get and what do I do please walk me through this like you would a 12 year old hahahaha just joking but uhm they arn't reverse thread or anything weird rite...
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #84
Douglas S.

No, it's just a different style of wrench. Not sure on the size.

They look like this:
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #85
Goobersbro

okay yea I remembered what they look like rite as soon as I seen a pic just didn't know they were called that or thats what they were for I guess they apply more even pressure around the whole nut
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #86
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

there normal thread rotation, but once there striped you can get them off with a mini set of lock pliers
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #87
Goobersbro

Okay is it normal for them to be super hard to remove like I said I had a ton of weight into them earlier and they weren't budging and the wrench was starting to twist around and strip the bolt so I stopped and moved onto something else to avoid stripping but like dang they were on there good
Unread 05-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #88
Douglas S.

I'd hit them with some penetrant and let them sit.
Unread 05-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #89
dadstoys2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Great build!
I agree PB blaster is golden. If you can smack them with a hammer but not too hard it might help.
Np435 trans w/ np205
dadstoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #90
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

At first I was a little disappointed to see you getting rid of all the Renegade flares, cause I really like the Renegade but it looks like its still going to be cool.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.