My marshmallow build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #61
Goobersbro

ugh I just was outside around the jeep and realized how much I miss driving it and then realized I still won't be able to drive it for like another 7 months atleast ugh...

Anyways I started calling around and getting prices on steel today this stuff is actually kind of cheap I was figuring between 4-500 for all of my steel but I think I may come out quite a bit cheaper

Unread 12-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #62
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i just watched a show where they built a drag model t in 5 days. you can do yours in 10 if you stop skiing!
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #63
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i just watched a show where they built a drag model t in 5 days. you can do yours in 10 if you stop skiing!
I don't ski I snowboard hahah yea I really wish I had a money tree or parents with deep pockets
Unread 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #64
Nates93yj

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
ugh I just was outside around the jeep and realized how much I miss driving it and then realized I still won't be able to drive it for like another 7 months atleast ugh...
I know how you feel, from my first hand experience. But its worth it in the end. Couple times i thought about just selling it in the middle of the build. Keep up the good work
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Nates93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #65
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
BOB that is a terrible idea.. i look at it this way! he can SKI all winter and then once the snow is gone he can build it in 10 days. Then he gets the best of both worlds.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #66
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do you want to sell the front bumper you fabricated? I just happen to have a YJ Renegade it would look great on. Good looking work by the way.

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #67
Goobersbro

Yea! check your inbox. Sorry for no updates guys I have parts waiting in my room and the engine paid for I need a couple more grand which I should have mid april early may and then its just going to be work work work. I shall be buying my body lift metal and mml in the next three weeks then I have to order my SYE/Drive shaft, Paint, Gears, ARB rear locker, Air compressor, 8.8 and everything intailed, Tires and then I shall hopefully be ready for a late september rubicon run I promise you guys though I havn't given up just still waiting on money....I have already ordered a bunch of parts though and have them sitting on my floor hahaha
Unread 02-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #68
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

dont forget about the tera low kit
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #69
jeeper92
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
I got my price quote today from a vendor on here here is the price for the gears and rear arb...

D30 4.56 Yukon Gears--$125
D30 Master Install--$93
D30 Carrier--$49
8.8 4.56 Yukon Gears--$165
8.8 Master Install--$76
8.8 ARB--$726
CA Tax--$95.64 (ships from CA)
Shipping--$30

Total--$1359.64

And I figure another 1600 for
Hey if you dont mind asking which vendor did you get your quote from for gears? im looking to re-gear and those look like great prices
Edit: for got to mention nice build
Unread 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #70
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper92 View Post
Hey if you dont mind asking which vendor did you get your quote from for gears? im looking to re-gear and those look like great prices
Edit: for got to mention nice build
CCOR not sure what it stands for thats all I seen his last activity was 2/10/2010 so I'm not sure if he is still active or not
Unread 03-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #71
timoteo1234
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksheffer08 View Post

My god is this beautiful. Never seen a renegade like this.
timoteo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #72
Goobersbro

I finished stripping the tub and got the hard top at a friends house waiting for paint later on. The doors are stripped and ready for paint as well... I now have my steel for my tube fenders and patches.

Some more rust to deal with

Oh and this which is friggin awesome oh and all the friggin torx bolts are like stripping or breaking so I'm going to have to like drill out a ton of them and then re tap or clean up the threads and then go to allen heads.

Also this rear bunch of cords was jacked in what seems to have been an accident at some point do to the rear panel being crushed, and since it didn't have a quick disco and I need the wires out because I don't want half my wires getting ripped out for some punk or wants the copper I cut it and am going to make a quick disconect for it it will help later on in life I'm sure

Thats about all should I just have some random stuff here and there to do to it until I start on the body work. Like remove the door latches and just random junk...The main thing holding me up on the body work is I'm waiting on a welder the one we have is having issues so I have been trying to track down one to borrow and it looks like I finally found one

Last edited by Goobersbro; 04-02-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #73
DIX03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow, great work so far. have fun with it! can't wait to watch the progress
DIX03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #74
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

bump for a sweet renegade, and more pics!

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #75
Goobersbro

well progress so far is....I have all the seem culking out of the jeep and most of the surface rust....I know have to replace the body panels and floorboard where the rust is just too bad.....I have all my Tubing and sheet metal in the garage as well with the metal for my rock sliders.....I also picked up my Metal Cloak tube fenders on Tuesday...I got the ones with the aluminum inner fender and steel tubing I am going to build the flares for them however....Going to put a little spin on there arched fenders.....should turn out cool I think and it will still be unique....I have wanted to build as much as possible on this jeep but with the full corners and the front inner fenders I drew the line But I think thats about it for buying armor the rest will be made. I will post up pictures as soon as I start welding in the new metal....should be this weekend or next I now have parts not waiting on money anymore so the build should really pick up over the next few months...All I left to buy for the inside to be done is a SYE, MML, and some misc stuff.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.