My marshmallow build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #46
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it will be like new when your done! so how is the motor coming?

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #47
njmrenegade
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i would be impressed if you could do that cj renengade sorta thing, long live renegades!
njmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #48
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
it will be like new when your done! so how is the motor coming?
its still comming I have been rite up close to buying it and then had something come up and I am about there again but christmas is here so it probably won't be till January its a super bummer though but thats life....

The engine by far will be the most expensive though because everything else is all under like 200 bucks and I already have all the steel to fix the holes and floorboard. I also have a friend who has a sand blaster so I plan on sand blasting the bottom of the jeep and the inside should save some time
Unread 11-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #49
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you add up the cost that you have spent and will spend to complete your jeep it would seem crazy to a bystander, but the wealth of knowledge and sense of pride gained by such a project is priceless. keep up the good work and i cant wait to see your creation complete!
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #50
Goobersbro

More pictures I have managed to do all of this with the hard top still on it will come off as soon as I have everything out it will be going in the back yard and my doors and windshield will be migrating to the garage.

Unread 12-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #51
Goobersbro

Okay so I have removed the driver side inner fender/radiator/fan shroud/ and 3/4's of my engines electronics....Tomorrow I shall finish pulling all my wireing....once all the wiring is pulled I will be pulling my front grill/winch/ and bumper then start pulling accessories off the motor hopefully will be taking it into the machine shop next week maybe not but hopefully so
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #52
Goobersbro

More progress

So I have all the wireing removed except for the rear tail lights and gas tank I also got all my brakets inside removed so I can blast or grind those as soon as I pull the tub and media blast it

Here are the pictures

Last edited by Goobersbro; 04-02-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #53
Goobersbro

Brown Santa Via Savvy Offroad Via the giveaway on here dropped off my bumper today This thing is soo friggin light weight. My grandma carried it in the house if that tells you anything. ITs solid and real clean looking I can't wait to get it mounted on the jeep. It probably won't be till monday though. Also I thought I would wish everyone a merry christmas. I can't wait to see what I got for the jeep I should be back at the jeep build after the 1st of the year I have taken a break for the last couple weeks do to christmas and I don't want to buy anything that I could possibly recieve as a gift lol well onto the glorious picture.

Unread 12-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #54
Douglas S.

That bumper looks great, I love the recovery points
Unread 12-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #55
Goobersbro

Christmas was good for the jeep I got my U-pol and my Por-15 So now all I need to do is fork out the money for a sheet of sheet metal and start fixing the rust then por the bottom of the tub and line the inside. Sometime after the first I should sending the engine in to get remmaned. This is all under the assumption that something else doesn't come up and ruin everything I am sooo close rite now to getting my engine fixed and the jeep put back together somewhat. I have been this close like twice and then something just plain up and stoopid out of no where hits me and my wallet. Well thats all for now Merry Christmas everyone.

Unread 12-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #56
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
That bumper looks great, I love the recovery points
Thanks man I really like it too. I can't wait to get it mounted on the jeep. I really like how the recovery points go on top of the bumper also. Its nice because it helps the approach angle and it just plain looks cool
Unread 12-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #57
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
Christmas was good for the jeep I got my U-pol and my Por-15 So now all I need to do is fork out the money for a sheet of sheet metal and start fixing the rust then por the bottom of the tub and line the inside. Sometime after the first I should sending the engine in to get remmaned. This is all under the assumption that something else doesn't come up and ruin everything I am sooo close rite now to getting my engine fixed and the jeep put back together somewhat. I have been this close like twice and then something just plain up and stoopid out of no where hits me and my wallet. Well thats all for now Merry Christmas everyone.

does that stuff come in red?
Unread 12-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #58
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post

hey man i feel ya. i got my KM2s on.. and everything was nice.. then the slave goes out. ugh. blah.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #59
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
does that stuff come in red?
I don't think so but it comes in clear so if you had red underneath it would show up redish. Thats what i've read anywho. I thought about doing a clear and doing some yellow or something but I think the black will look cleaner
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #60
Goobersbro

Sooo I was thinking it over tonight and this engine is really holding me up. So I decided to do the engine last. I'm going to buy all my other parts and steel and start working then maybe when I get all my small projects done that I can afford I will have money for my engine So I will start calling some steel shops after the 1st

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.