My marshmallow build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My marshmallow build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 10-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #31
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

the one of the mud puppy

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #32
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i just love that pic, i laugh evertime i see it
im pretty sure you would have been crying of laughter if you saw zach in person.. he was a mess!!!!!! and his truck OMG!!!!!!!!!!! just tooo funny.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #33
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There's a lot more crap in there than you'd think huh..... I mean when you're taking it all out to line it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post

hmmm P.O didn't mention this when he was telling me how great the jeep was
Exactly why I hate carpet in a Jeep.

So are you just putting tubes up front and leaving the stock flares in the back? You building the tubes or ????
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #34
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
There's a lot more crap in there than you'd think huh.....

Exactly why I hate carpet in a Jeep.

So are you just putting tubes up front and leaving the stock flares in the back? You building the tubes or ????
No I am building tubes for all around probably won't happen till like January but who knows the steel isn't all that much. The flairs are comming off tomorrow though
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #35
clemsonfan16
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Goobersbro, where did you get the tonneau cover for the sport cage? Ive been lookin everywhere for one but the are all around 80 bucks
clemsonfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #36
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
Goobersbro, where did you get the tonneau cover for the sport cage? Ive been lookin everywhere for one but the are all around 80 bucks
The P.O bought it I think its bestop not sure though because everything else the P.O bought seemed to be bestop so I don't know
Unread 10-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #37
Goobersbro

Okay got some more work done on the Heep of crap today found more rust and got rid of everything renegade except for the door and pinstripes.
I have a lot of holes to fill like probably close to 30. I plan on welding them and then grinding them smooth then primering. I think the welds will be a lot better and hold up better than bondo. I also found a couple different designs I am going to pull from for the tube fenders. I think I am going to be able to make them for less than 190 not to bad should start making them pretty soon.

I also started cutting up my front fenders just a little it was dark so didn't get too much into them I can't post pictures rite now because his internet protecter blocker thing won't let me go to photobucket so I should have pictures up tomorrow evening. I am helping clean up the river bottoms tomorrow for a while and then going to church, so I don't know if I will get anywork done on the jeep. The next steps will be to strip just a few more items and then start sanding everything down and building the fenders. I also am going to re-design the front bumper as it now doesn't look good at all so back to the drawing board for that one I might do a stinger or something those normally don't look too bad with tube fenders.
Unread 10-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #38
Goobersbro

Back rear fender removed.

Passenger side

Moved to the drivers side and found this under the driver front fender. I like that its rite next to the jeep emblem its perfect jeep +rust

Last edited by Goobersbro; 04-02-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #39
Goobersbro

After removing all the fenders I simple greened the inside and got it cleaned real good so I can start seeing areas I need to tackle

And the tool of the day award goes to the grinder
Unread 10-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #40
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

looks awesome man. props on the hard work. ill be following along im doing the same thing with the inside.
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #41
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The grinder usually gets the gold in my book.

Consider yourself lucky to actually have a floor. The PO of my Jeep screwed in a new floor with like 4 self tappers and called it a day. It was interesting driving around without a floor.

In retrospect, that guy was such an *** to sell me that thing. I payed $2000 for it, even went down with my Mother and a buddy to Rhode Island and everything. I had no experience working on vehicles (much less a Jeep). I also had no idea that it shouldn't have ever been on the road in the first place.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #42
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwood View Post
The grinder usually gets the gold in my book.

Consider yourself lucky to actually have a floor. The PO of my Jeep screwed in a new floor with like 4 self tappers and called it a day. It was interesting driving around without a floor.

In retrospect, that guy was such an *** to sell me that thing. I payed $2000 for it, even went down with my Mother and a buddy to Rhode Island and everything. I had no experience working on vehicles (much less a Jeep). I also had no idea that it shouldn't have ever been on the road in the first place.
yea I got screwed bad on my jeep...I was 16 had the money and didn't do the research or know a thing of mechanics....I paid 5 grand and like I had to completely rebuild the front end, it needs a new engine, obviously all this work I am doing, the rear axle has issues, and the t-case output shaft is bent....which isn't a big deal I will just get a SYE but still I got sooooo screwed its not even funny but yea under the carpet the dude had a piece of sheet metal he had riveted in there I should have taken a picture of it
Unread 10-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #43
Nightcon777
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the same year/color renegade but I live on the East coast... Road salt is hard around here.... I had all the same rust you had plus, I replaced the seat belt mounting area on both sides due to rot.... drivers and pass floors, and 2 body mounts... Still have the spot below the jeep logo on both sides, I will tackle that this winter...

I agree I do like my renegade flairs, makes your jeep different and they aren't as bad as people say. Still crosses my mind to remove them. Very interested to see how your build comes out. Especially looking forward to seeing how you go about filling those holes
Nightcon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcon777 View Post
Especially looking forward to seeing how you go about filling those holes
Yea the wholes are going to take some time the bigger ones I will cut out a little bigger and weld new metal in the small holes I am going to use some sort of brass back plate and then weld one side then grind smooth then remove the brass plate if that makes sense. Pictures will show later on. I will then grind the whole side smooth and bondo any waves. after this I will go back over it again and then paint. I plan on painting the jeep a dark green and trimming it all in black....but this will probably change before I paint it I can be a bit indesicive

The major turning point for me though to get rid of the flairs was the other day I went wheeling and fully flexed the jeep. Well at full flex my rear tire was less than a quarter inch from rubbing...I was like this is retarted I have 4.5 inches of lift and only 31s and I'm almost rubbing...Now given my springs are flexxing amazingly but still that shouldn't happen IMO.

Before I put my rock sliders on {I am building them soon also same with the tubes} I think I will add a 1" body lift since I am going to mount them with the bolts anyways. I should be able to run 35s when all done
Unread 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #45
Goobersbro

Okay sorry guys its been awhile still waiting on some cash flow and deciding where I want to go with this...I decided to basicly do a complete restore. So I have decided to pull the tub off the frame and start over. I plan on por-15ing the frame and the bottom side of the jeep. Today I started pulling the dash. Hopefully tomorrow will finish the top half. I have to drop the windshield so I want to do it when I can tare it all apart and then put the windshield back up before night. I started today around 1 o clock and finished around 5 not bad for how much I got done....I got the ac pulled the heater box pulled and the wireing harness. The thing that took the longest was marking all the wires and then marking all my little zip lock baggies with bolts in them

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.