My little build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My little build

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #61
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think that i could make it work, just wondering if anybody had already tried.

1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #62
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellru View Post
Looks like you ended up with either a CJ style liftgate or an after market one. My hard top is stock and appears to be same as yours. Below is the best shot I have of my liftgate. As you can see most of it has a thin metal frame, except along the bottom. I'd see if seller will refund money and find a stock YJ replacement like mine.
He got a CJ one on purpose, because it was a good deal. Also, YJ rear glass is all but impossible to find by its self. Trust me, I know.

I'm not sure what to do for those gaps. Is it metal or fiberglass surrounding the glass? You might be able to do some fiberglass corners, I'm no good with fiberglass but you might be.

Last edited by BlackRhino; 03-07-2008 at 06:12 PM..
BlackRhino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #63
jwalters27520
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep..I'm pretty sure I've seen your jeep around Garner../me is from Clayton NC..
jwalters27520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #64
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah maybe i will just have to try my hand at fiber glass work. Although if it is metal i was just thinking about cutting out some metal extensions and bolting them to the existing metal

Maybe this will work.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #65
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So this is the final product, looks alright in my opinion.

Now i still have to work on the back glass, don't know if I am going to be able to make it work, still looking for some imput if anybody has it.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #66
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I am going to use the plexi glass back window for now, I will update with the work that needs to be done about it. Also I might be getting full doors, white exterior with black interior, tinted windows and absolutly no rust. That is all for now, dang college always gettin in the way.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #67
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well it is official, Saturday i pick up my full doors, they are in very good condition and only 350 delievered about 30 mins from my house. The guy is driving up from charlotte, and he seems really cool. I thought it was nice for him to drive two and a half hours to drop off the doors, here is the link to the pick.
http://community.webshots.com/album/558114776MjxGpM

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #68
howellru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
He got a CJ one on purpose, because it was a good deal.

With gaps like that at the corners and the amount of fab work that'd be needed to keep water out, I don't see how it's that good of a good deal. And Reds done such a good job refinishing the top, why spend the time jerry-rigging an ill-fitting rear gate. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Lesson learned. Move on.

I think Redsock did the right thing in opting for plexiglass for now until a rear glass or complete hard top turns up. Deals are out there if you're patient enough to wait on them. Heck, top down weather is anyway. Enjoy it while you can and wait for hard top demand & prices to drop.

Moving right along, good job on the top, Red. Did you replace the trim pieces/molding around the side glass? Mine has shrunk over the years and was curious what's involved in replacing it and if it's a DIY job.

Also, it sounds like you got a good deal on the doors, especially with seller driving over 2-1/2 hours to meet you, cause gas ain't cheap.

Good luck with the rest of your build.

'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, MC2100 Nutted Carburator
howellru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #69
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well at first i thought the cj7 and yj back glass were interchangable and that is why i bought it, not because of the price only. I have plex glass that came with it so i am not to worried about finding back glass any time soon. The hard top will probably be put on twice in the summer, once when i initially get the doors to see how it lines up and a second time after i am done painting the doors to see how my back yard paint job turned out. To be honest, as soon as i lined it up with the top, i thought dam this isn't gonna work at all. So now i am trying to resell it and move on. Not really a big deal.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #70
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So drove up to southpoint with nothing on the jeep and came back with these,

The only problem I have is a gap at the bottom of the drivers side door, hard to tell with the pics but noticable in person. I am searching for a good write up but if you have any pointers to help me out that would be great.
no gap

gap

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #71
Brads_nky_yj

Hey man this build inspires me alot on what I plan on doing when I get my Jeep. Im 19 as well. You're jeep looks awesome. Keep up the good work!
Brads_nky_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #72
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I appreciate the good words, I have been working on it since i was 17 and still got a little more to do this summer.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #73
Ptr
1992 J-Series Truck 

awesome ride man. it's really good looking. i got mine when i was 15 now i'm 16 and saving up for: bumpers, lift, back seat, rhino liner, and a trailer.
can't wait till it's as nice as yours.

p.s. i see you like the sox. did you hear how many people the patriots lost this offseason? horrendous.....
Ptr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #74
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah not to happy about the patriots season, but hopefully they will pull it out this season.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #75
BIGHEEP
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
The only problem I have is a gap at the bottom of the drivers side door, hard to tell with the pics but noticable in person. I am searching for a good write up but if you have any pointers to help me out that would be great.
no gap

gap
I hate recommend this but it worked for me. I had a junkyard hard door that was the same way. Come to find out it was a bit twisted. I fixed it by first rolling down the window. Then grabbing the lower corner of the door with one hand on the upper part of the lower half of the door (you know what I am trying to say, not the top window channel) and giving a good tweak on the lower portion.
Build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...igheep-534340/
North East Willy Jeep Organization
www.NEWJO.ORG
BIGHEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.