My little build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My little build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well a little update, i have decided to keep the original plexi and fix it up so it looks good. I need to add a latch so it will stay closed and do something about the wood the po put on the bottom. I also repainted the inside of the hardtop black and sanded the outside. Tomorrow after i get off of work i will probably paint the outside and try to get some pics up. Any ideas for the latch for the plexi glass, i have an idea of what i want but it is hard to explain. If you have pics or descriptions of what you did i would appreciate it.

1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #47
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

couple of pics, first round of rattle

1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #48
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure what to do as a latch for the plexi, I'm trying to figure that out myself.
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #49
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

IMHO you should paint the inside black also. I painted the inside of my last top black and it looked great, maybe because my jeep is black, but it still looks good
richharr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #50
djcondo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

nicelooking jeep. its cool to see other people my age on here.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #51
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richharr View Post
IMHO you should paint the inside black also. I painted the inside of my last top black and it looked great, maybe because my jeep is black, but it still looks good
Actully i did, only two coats of ultra flat, probably finish with two coats of semi flat, here is a bad pic of the inside

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #52
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

awesome move. are you going to tint the windows? keeps it nice and cool when its hot and you haven't taken the top off yet, also keeps prying eyes off of your valuables.
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #53
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It came with some light tint on it but i am thinking about redoing it. If i did redo it it will be really dark but i do not know how much it would cost. I will see, i have all summer. Also if i get hard doors i will probably tint those too, also really dark. But for know I will just leave it. I really want some back glass so i am on the hunt for that too.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #54
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

do it yourself while its out of the jeep. probably the easiest windows you'll ever tint. should only cost about $15

google "window tinting"
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #55
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I might do that, do you know how to take old tint off. I was gonna finish the painting today or tomorrow but it is raining here so i guess i will have to wait till the weekend. Maybe look into that tint.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #56
minimudder
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Nice job, Thats the exact look im aiming towards with my jeep, Just don't know if i can let myself sink that kind of money into it. HAHA i say that now, but we all know what happens when we actually get money!!!
minimudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #57
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If I remember correctly once I got it started at a corner with a razor it came right of. what little residue was taken care of with soapy water
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #58
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I bought a tint kit from pepboys, about 20 bucks. Also finished the inside of the top and will pick up a couple more cans for the outside, and the painting will be done tomorrow. Also since i have no wiring no how at all, having a cd player that has been in my garage for months put in.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #59
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So this is the back lift gate i got for $75. Well it doesn't fit exactly, any suggestions.

Just mocked into place of where it will sit.

About the same gap on the other side

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 03-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #60
howellru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
So this is the back lift gate i got for $75. Well it doesn't fit exactly, any suggestions.
Looks like you ended up with either a CJ style liftgate or an after market one. My hard top is stock and appears to be same as yours. Below is the best shot I have of my liftgate. As you can see most of it has a thin metal frame, except along the bottom. I'd see if seller will refund money and find a stock YJ replacement like mine.

'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, MC2100 Nutted Carburator
howellru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.