My little build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My little build

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #166
smoke_20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great, what's next on the plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4nTr0ll View Post
I have 4 x 4 on my YJ, but I'm not sure what it is suppose to do or if it is even necessary.
I'm mainly a street driver.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.:thumbsup:
smoke_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #167
94WorknProgress
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i've become a fan of the rustoleum semi flat black just from following your build thread, haha. i've been meaning to ask, are those the rugged ridge seat covers? and if so, how do you like them?
94WorknProgress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #168
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

SMOKE, i told myself that i will probably not put any more money into it until my b-day in june. I know i want a 1" body lift and boomerage shackles, so we should see what we get for my b-day.

94worknprogress, they are rr and they are ok. They add some cushion and match my jeep perfect. They do hold water though, but i don't really mind.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #169
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #170
smoke_20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just curious, why are you wanting to do the 1" body lift? I'm doing mine to correct the po's problem he created, otherwise I probably wouldn't have any body lift at all.
Quote:
I have 4 x 4 on my YJ, but I'm not sure what it is suppose to do or if it is even necessary.
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #171
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I want a little more lift and i want to replace the body mounts, so a daystar 1" body lift will knock out 2 birds with one stone. Plus when these tires run out i want to get 35's.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #172
smoke_20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cool, I got the 1" Prothane, I think they are the same.
Quote:
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #173
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Alright, i am now completly done with the tj flares until i get the side lights, but painted and mounted the extensions and trimmed my old side flares andput on the step. How does it look?

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 05-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #174
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is no question that it looks a million times better with the TJ flares. I say overall you did a good job. Personally I don't care for the flare extensions, but they will definitely help to keep the side of the jeep a little cleaner. And your girlfriend will be glad she can still get in!
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #175
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well the step and extension will be gone when i have the money for a good set of rocker guards. I was looking at the warn ones but i might need to get one with a step or something

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #176
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
Well the step and extension will be gone when i have the money for a good set of rocker guards. I was looking at the warn ones but i might need to get one with a step or something
Yeah it stinks they are so freakin expensive. I got my aluminum diamond tread stuff for $35, otherwise I couldn't have afforded anything else! I think your setup works well for what you need it for. And the step turned out better than I thought it would too.

By the way, here is a link to some side maker lights on eBay. You might rather have the stock orange, but I thought these looked pretty neat. I kind of wish I had gotten these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01...QQcmdZViewItem
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #177
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the link, but already got some on the way. And for the side step, i had to take my old flare and cut it down and i used the piece that goes under the actual step or else it wouldn't line up right. Came out better than i thought it would.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #178
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks real good! Nice job....now go get it dirty and post a pic!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #179
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I wish, everywhere around here is private property or construction sites, but i will see what i can do.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 05-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #180
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
I wish, everywhere around here is private property or construction sites, but i will see what i can do.
I feel your pain...other than a few dirt/mud roads, it's 200 miles to fun land.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.