my jeep pics finally..... (pics inside) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > my jeep pics finally..... (pics inside)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-28-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
John Snyder

my jeep pics finally..... (pics inside)

Here are the pictures of my jeep that I just got out of the barn. I installed my suspension lift in January and finally got my tires mounted on my rims last week. It has been a very long and hard winter up here in New York.

There are before and after pictures located down below....

Before and after pics are located here let me know what you think.....

thanks

johnny1720

http://snyder-manufacturing.com/jeep

K&N
3.5 Inch BDS
Brush Guard
SONY Head Unit
Besttop Overhead speaker console

Last edited by John Snyder; 04-28-2003 at 07:13 PM..
John Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2003, 07:53 PM   #2
Bighaeb

Looking really sharp man. Glad your winter is finally letting up on you guys up there. Wow, that was a long one eh?
Unread 04-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
BIG SEXY

Best things come to those who wait!!!
Looks good man!!
91' YJ,4.0 I-6(180,000 mi) 2" Rancho Add-A-Leaf kit, 1.5" shackle lift, 2" BL, 33x12.50 BFG M/T KM's, 15x8 589's, TJ flares, custom F&R bumpers w/ swing-away spare carrier & rocker guards, FULL ROLL CAGE, herculiner, Warn [B]XD9000i[/B] (IT'S ALSO MY WIFES... or was!!!)

Rig Rater score= 476RRv1.0

Its a dog-eat-dog world. and I'm wearing MILKBONE UNDERWEAR!!
BIG SEXY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #4
NomadJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks very nice, I love my BDS.

NEJeep.org
NEJeep, NEwhere, NEtime!!

Tread Lightly Master Trainer
NomadJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:44 PM   #5
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok John Snyder what's the story on this????? That is some crazy bending going on there! I can't figure it out.... And please tell me you bought an new cage for her!
Unread 04-29-2003, 04:48 AM   #6
John Snyder

long story.....

"Alright the story that I gathered" is that she was sold and being shipped from someplace in Texas to someplace near Pittsburg PA. She was strapped down on an overhead car carrier. Someplace along the way there is a bridge that is far less than the standard 13 Feet...... And the bottom of that bridge and the top of my jeep met at a high rate of speed.

The damage that was created was.

1. Windshield broken
2. Windshield frame broken
3. Door frames were pushed back
4. Hard top sheared off like an orange peel.
5. Roll Bars were ruined
6. Front Cowl pushed around a little...
7. The bolts were bent over that held the roll bars in.

I repaired all of these things and had the entire jeep checkout to double check that it was safe.

I didnt pay very much money for the jeep so I thought that if I could not make it driveable, for the price I could take the drivetrain out of it and put it in a 4 cylinder jeep. But after I got it home and found ZERO rust and that the frame was not bent. I decided to start driving it. But up here in NY there is a long drawn out process of getting a title for a vehicle that was an insurance write off. So in mid july of last year I was able to finally get a title for my jeep and put it on the road.

All in all I am happy that I did purchase the jeep. Yea its not perfect but if I bought a new one a new one would have the same amount of mileage and dents that this one has after 2 years. And I was able to do 90% of the work myself and able to learn about my jeep. I was also able to save tons of money this way. With the lift, tires, rims, all the toys on it and the transmission that I ruined i have less than 6500 into this jeep. And it only has 55,000 miles on it.
K&N
3.5 Inch BDS
Brush Guard
SONY Head Unit
Besttop Overhead speaker console
John Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2003, 05:43 AM   #7
Birdawg

That is one perdy Jeep!! I wish my 92 YJ looked like that. It will some day! Exelent job. I don't know you but I am proud!!
Take Care
Peter
Tops. 31" x 10 1/2" x 15" Coopers
Sumer Projects:2 1/2" Rubicon Express.(Done) New Metalic Paint.(Done)
31" Tires (Done), Bed Liner. Dome Light for Soft Top
[color=blue]Blue Jeep Member #15[/color]
Birdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.